Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a spouse visa, do you actually have to go to Australia to validate it? Or can it be done from England?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ta - can anyone verify this - ideally someone in a similar situation - i.e. from England to Austalia on a spouse visa?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
You must enter by the date specified on the Visa label or letter that was sent to you informing you of the grant.

If you are on a provisional spouse visa leading to perm and if you leave within a short time back to the UK, be prepared to explain why you left so soon when the second stage processing for permanent residency begins.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
You must enter by the date specified on the Visa label or letter that was sent to you informing you of the grant.

If you are on a provisional spouse visa leading to perm and if you leave within a short time back to the UK, be prepared to explain why you left so soon when the second stage processing for permanent residency begins.
Hi
What is the minimum time in terms of Days/Months, a person must stay there to validate a 175/176 visa?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
What is the minimum time in terms of Days/Months, a person must stay there to validate a 175/176 visa?
First, I have no idea. This thread is for Spouse Visa's.

Second, if you have no serious intention in staying in Australia, why don't you give your visa spot to someone more deserving if your game plan is to leave the country in the shortest time possible?

·
Registered
272 Posts
:amen:

It's not really fair on other people wanting to emigrate there.
If you don't want to move now, just apply closer to the date you want to move.
They have a certain number of visas they give every time, and someone else will have to wait longer because you decided to apply with no intention of moving..:(

Just my 2 pc.

Busyte

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hey shafaqat309 was asking about VALIDATION, not about not staying in the country so give them a break.

We had to validate and then go back to the UK since we weren't ready to move over yet.

However shafaqat309, as emmie1 said, this thread is for spouse visas so please ask your question on a more appropriate thread, do a search for the answer or start a new thread.

Now :focus:

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey shafaqat309 was asking about VALIDATION, not about not staying in the country so give them a break.

We had to validate and then go back to the UK since we weren't ready to move over yet.

However shafaqat309, as emmie1 said, this thread is for spouse visas so please ask your question on a more appropriate thread, do a search for the answer or start a new thread.

Now :focus:

Regards,
Karen
Quite easily MISUNDERSTOOD regarding Shafaqat's wording, don't you think? My husband is a migration lawyer in Australia, I used to work with the Diplomatic Corps; the tales and deception that are spun to gain a visa are incredible. :) I'm not alluding that this is the case with Shafaqat...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts