Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I have a few questions which I'd appreciate if someone could answer:

1) The requirement for 6 months of statements. Is this for 6 full months or is it fine to show 6 months worth of wages going in but technically include less than 6 months period. (They are usually paid in at a similar date but with bank holidays, weekends you can have less days).

2) As it's my first job (graduate) should I include all my payslips (7 months). Is it better to provide more or just 6 months of payslips (same with bank statements is it better to provide more).

3) Is a letter of introduction required for both the sponsor and applicant. I understand many sponsors. But should I get my spouse (applicant) to write a short letter approving of everything.

4) Is it important to get any letters signed by myself (sponsor) to be attested by a solicitor.

5) I have multiple bank accounts. I am planning of showing only the one I have my salary paid into. But by statement does show one transfer between others. Do I need to provide statements for my other account.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
#1 Bank statement acts as confirmation of your salary being paid monthly. So strictly speaking, you only need statement to show 6 monthly pay going into your account.
#2 You only need payslips over a 6-month period. What you need to watch out for is if you start your job part-way through a month, your first payslip will only show your partial monthly pay, and if you are in salaried job, they take the lowest amount received during those 6 months. So you may need to start collecting payslips showing the full monthly pay.
#3 Both are recommended. They cover similar ground but are written from own standpoint. While the substance should agree, you shouldn't copy from each other.
#4 No.
#5 Only show the account into which your salary is paid, if you are only using one job to meet the requirement. It doesn't matter if you have other accounts, and they don't need to know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
#1 Bank statement acts as confirmation of your salary being paid monthly. So strictly speaking, you only need statement to show 6 monthly pay going into your account.
#2 You only need payslips over a 6-month period. What you need to watch out for is if you start your job part-way through a month, your first payslip will only show your partial monthly pay, and if you are in salaried job, they take the lowest amount received during those 6 months. So you may need to start collecting payslips showing the full monthly pay.
#3 Both are recommended. They cover similar ground but are written from own standpoint. While the substance should agree, you shouldn't copy from each other.
#4 No.
#5 Only show the account into which your salary is paid, if you are only using one job to meet the requirement. It doesn't matter if you have other accounts, and they don't need to know.
My first payslip actually is much higher as my first month I wasn't paid and my second month so it was backdated. I know you only need 6 months but is it better to just include them all? or is this just making the matter more complex for the ECO.

Thanks Joppa. Having been reading around you are helping many people. Your work is really appreciated! It surprises me that people end up paying thousands (which I even know of) to get agents/solicitors to do their applications thinking it's something really complex.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Just 6 months leading up to the date of application, and if you make the required amount, you don't need to worry.
I only share my own view and opinion, and don't give advice.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just 6 months leading up to the date of application, and if you make the required amount, you don't need to worry. I only share my own view and opinion, and don't give advice.
Do they take the lowest month, before taxes, and multiply it by 12 to make the 18,600 requirement? My husband started part way through December, so that one is lower.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes. They take the lowest month. So you should wait for 6 full months payslips.
(Sorry I meant 6)
I think we'll be fine as the lowest amount before taxes multiplied by 12 still meets the requirement. Obviously, if we wait for six full months, the salary will be higher, but I don't think it's necessary, as long as he meets it? Am I right on that?
He started on December 8th. We will submit the application around June 8th, as that will be the 6 month mark. I just don't want to have to wait until the end of June to submit.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
I don't think you're right. If you are applying under Category A this is what FM 1.7 says:

Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – person residing in the UK

5.1.1. Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried employment at the date of application and has been with the same employer for at least 6 months prior to the date of application, they can count their gross annual salary towards the financial requirement.
You have to meet the financial requirement AND have been in the job for at least 6 months.

FM 1.7:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_Annex_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf

·
Registered
55 Posts
The six month mark will be June 8th. He will have pay slips for Dec/Jan/Feb/March/April/May. He will have been in his job for six months when we submit the application. Is it your opinion that we wait until he gets his June payslip? Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't think you're right. If you are applying under Category A this is what FM 1.7 says:

You have to meet the financial requirement AND have been in the job for at least 6 months.

FM 1.7:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_Annex_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf
The six month mark will be June 8th. He will have pay slips for Dec/Jan/Feb/March/April/May. He will have been in his job for six months when we submit the application. Is it your opinion that we wait until he gets his June payslip? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
This is what FM-SE says:

2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies), all of the following evidence must be provided:

(a) Payslips covering:

(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply)
So, you need to be employed for a full 6 months and have pay slips covering a 6 month period. It sounds like he'll be employed for 6 months on 8 June but won't have pay slips which cover 6 full months.

FM-SE

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...06_immigration_rules_appendix_fm_se_final.pdf

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think that it is enough because I did the same. We submitted slips for Nov 2014 - Apr 2015 which is 6 months, but my Sponsor worked for this employer for 5 years. The reason we submitted 6 months is because RBS could only print us 6 months statement!

But in addition we submitted P60s which prove that my Sponsor gets required salary for 5 years.

We also went under category A.

P.S. P60s and Employment Contract are not obligatory as long as your Employment Letter contains all 4 requirements and payslips with bank statement are for last 6 months and match in terms of salary paid in.

Above is my humble opinion based on my own experience and is not legal advise.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think that it is enough because I did the same. We submitted slips for Nov 2014 - Apr 2015 which is 6 months, but my Sponsor worked for this employer for 5 years. The reason we submitted 6 months is because RBS could only print us 6 months statement!

But in addition we submitted P60s which prove that my Sponsor gets required salary for 5 years.

We also went under category A.

P.S. P60s and Employment Contract are not obligatory as long as your Employment Letter contains all 4 requirements and payslips with bank statement are for last 6 months and match in terms of salary paid in.

Above is my humble opinion based on my own experience and is not legal advise.

One addition: your payslips and bank statements should show salary for 6 months. And if I'm not wrong your sixth salary will be on 08th June. If yes, then you have to wait!
Good luck :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another question for someone if they could help.

I have gone to my bank and asked them to print some statements as I was impatient with the potential of a 7-10 working days wait. They printed off (with a bit of we don't normally do this talk) 6 months of my bank statement and only stamped them no signing (they said they don't sign them).

Is this adequate instead of the official letter head statements. I'm asking this as the only thing making this in branch copy special is that it says at the top "printed in branch" and the stamp is, how do I say this, very very simple. It could easily be forged with one of those buy it yourself stamps and it only states basic information just the branch name and a few other things.

Am I just being paranoid....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Stamp should be enough because it is written in the appendix fm-se and appendix fm 1.7
I also submitted printed and stamped bank statements without accompanying letter and signatures of bank officials!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bank statement can be electronic if it is stamped by bank stamp on eevery page. See cite from appendix fm 1.7:

3.3.4. Bank statements must be on official bank stationery. Alternatively, electronic bank statements can also be accepted for all bank accounts (the account itself does not have to be exclusively online) as long as they are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.