Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I've been reading the forums the past few months and I've found everything to be very, very helpful. I am getting ready to begin my application for my Spouse Visa (I am a US citizen and my husband a UK citizen) and want to be as prepared as possible before I begin, I only want to have to do this once! Well, twice for the extension... :p

I was wondering a few things before we take the plunge and knock this thing out.

How early before your intended travel date can you apply for the visa? I've found disparaging information, is it 3 months or 6 months? I intend to fly over in November.

In terms of the documents- we are applying under Category F. I've heard that all documents for the visa that can be dated within the last 28 days before applying, should be. Is this true? My husband is not required to provided audited accounts but will be getting a licensed accountant to provide an audit to fulfill that step of the category, does this need to be within the 28 days of the application? How about the rest of the documents from this category?

Thank you all for all your help, hard work, and personal time spent on this resource. It is greatly appreciated by myself, and many others.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 3 months.
#2 No. For self-employment, it's the last complete financial year, which in most cases is Apr 14 to Apr 15. There is no 28-day rule for Cat F.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brilliant, thank you so much for your help! My husband is coming to visit me in August so I'll have him bring all the necessary documents and we can complete the application together :)

It's finally feeling possible!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.