Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this is my first post, I am bit unsure on what to do. And I appreciate any advice. My story is explained below .

After six and half months they have sent me an email to say that my spouse application has been put on hold due to lack of evidence of income I.e sa300, accountants docs, class 2 NI.

Even though i submitted all documents that were required as self-employed. I had legal rep who sorted all my paper work . So therefore it was done via professional people . Yet they have said they don't have it.

They given me the old usual options such as withdraw application or wait till court changes or I have until 4 December to send relevant docs To embassy.

So I want to know if I send the documents that they have stated, would this be a good route.

Please any advise

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
If you meet the financial requirements and have the documents that they are requesting, yes, send them.

If you withdraw your application you lose all your application fees and must re-apply. The Court Changes are still only speculative at this point and doubtful, I wouldn't hold my breath for any changes.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
What does your legal advisor say? If you applied through them (and they didn't just help with application), the reply must have come through them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes my legal rep has left it to me to decide what move to make. He has said he will do what ever i request him to do. so he has left it to me make decision.

i just don't understand how the case worker can just say they don't have all financial documents that i put and all original. Now i am left with photocopies of everything i.e tax return, sa300, class 2 ni.

i think i will just send the docs they have stated, and send directly via dhl or fedex to given address , so they change their mind. They have also given me until 4th December to send what ever i think will help. Do they normally give deadline?

i just need some advice from you guys to what the latest trend in these type of situation are. do most people's visa get granted after they sent relevant docs.

thanks guys for the speedy reply.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I think your advisor is being disingenuous. He should be guiding you, not tossing the ball back in your own court. After all, you are paying dearly for his services?
I would go back to him and press him for an answer about the next course of action.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok understand I need go back to legal adviser.

How ever as you guys been advising people on This forum. What would you reckon the best option is.

1) should I send the docs they have stated missing to the address given to me of the embassy?
2) or should I just wait for change ( which is long)
3) I don't want withdraw

What would guys suggest? ( I will go back to legal rep, currently away fro
Home. So just i want know what you other peeps think.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Everything that I've read suggests it's always best to (re)send in the documents that they are missing. It really stinks that you included them and they were missed, by the way.

If you're sure that you have what they want and they were the correct documents in the first place, try to get those again and send them as soon as possible to the UKBA.

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok will send the docs they ask for.

How long does it roughly take after you send you additional docs for the ukba to get back to you. In granting a visa.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Ok will send the docs they ask for.

How long does it roughly take after you send you additional docs for the ukba to get back to you. In granting a visa.
It varies. When I had to send additional documents I got a response about a week later, but others have waited longer. Focus on getting the documents sent to UKBA first. And yes, its normal to specify a deadline.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So Leanna what was the reason they gave you in which they put
Your visa on hold.

For South Asian countries I think it's more difficult and rigorous.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
So Leanna what was the reason they gave you in which they put
Your visa on hold.

For South Asian countries I think it's more difficult and rigorous.
On my fiancee visa application I had ticked yes to the question "Have you received medical treatment in the UK". I assumed they meant any GP visit, so I was asked to clarify what treatment I had, where I had it and proof that I wasn't owing any money on thr NHS. I submitted those documents and had a response about a week later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.