Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

So I submitted my Spouse Visa via FedEx and it arrived Tuesday in Sheffield. I have not received a confirmation email (which I've read is hit or miss).

Are there cases where they will send the documents back without any email notifications? I.e. could my parcel show up without an email?

The lack of communication is, of course, a little nerve-racking. I did pay for priority settlement processing, but what would be a good amount of days before I contact them to make sure they've received it? (I will mention, it was even signed by "R. Booth" according to FedEx). Essentially, I just want to know as much as I can!

Been freaking out since I sent it last Friday. Fingers crossed!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Ashleyt, Congrats on getting your documents out the door. I'm going to warn you that things are taking longer than they were in October. We saw that those who had purchased priority processing were having their applications processed in 2 or 3 days on many occasions. My support documents arrived in Sheffield on 8 November (according to FedEx tracking). I received an email from them on 11 November stating that they'd received my package. I have yet to receive a follow-up email letting me know that a decision has been made, so we're just waiting, but I wanted to let you know that it is taking longer than it was last month. I assume that you know it arrived because you checked the tracking? I'd feel the same as you (ie freaking out) if I hadn't received the email. Check your junk mailbox, maybe??

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey mrsnewtolondon!

I've checked junk mail and everything and haven't heard back. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow I might try to contact them. Not sure where to start though

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm so sorry you haven't heard. I know how anxiety filled this process is, and to not have heard that they have it has to feel terrible.

I've read other places that people have contacted them, but not sure how they did it. There isn't anything published on the UKBA site. Not sure if someone might be able to jump in and let you know what they did?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check around and see what I can find. It's a shame that's it's not more of a concrete process. I understand they're not in the industry of customer service; however, we're building our lives around these results. They may take that lightly but surely it matters to us.

I'll let you if/when I contact them, but I'm hoping they get in touch before then!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree that it would be amazing if it were a more concrete process. I felt like up to the point of submitting our documents, we were constantly finding out about other things we needed to add. It makes sense that it takes time, but yes, it's so hard being in the thick of the waiting game. It just kills me to be away from my husband. We just have to be patient, but in your case, do what you can to make sure they have your stuff! :) Keep me posted!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey hey!

Just heard at 9 this morning (first thing!) that they do have my application. Let's hope that this priority service pays off!!

Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm so relieved for you that you got word that they have your documents! I'm still waiting for any news on a decision being made, and this is the 8th day they've had my stuff. Try your best not to stress (won't happen. :p

Keep your head up and keep me posted!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.