Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm from South Koream been living in UK under Tier5 YMS Visa for past 2 years, and looking to marry my British boyfriend next month.

We basically were a bit lazy I guess, and didnt realize the notice period was getting changed this year.
We were looking to get simple civil marriage this June, and went on to try to give notice on June. Then realized notice might take up to 70 days now.. So we booked a ceremony at 3rd July, which was the fastest we could get married, after 70 day notice period. We wanted to do ASAP , as my visa expires on 4th July so needed to get visa sorted before that date, and we are also planning to go on road-trip/honeymoon from 5th July through Europe, not sure when to come back. We did just got a mail from Home Office last week saying we are okay to go after standard 28day notice period.
We thought before that if this happens, we might move our ceremony a week earlier and not to rush on the whole visa thing, but its a bit tricky to change now as we've already invited few of closest family member to come, so we are now thinking maybe its best to keep the ceremony on the 3rd July, and get appointment at premium centre on 4th July, the last day my visa's valid till, and get it sorted then go on our trip. But at the moment there's seems to be no available appointment for 4th July. Apps for 6th July is already opened, so I don't think its still on the wait to be opened, there are just no appointment available on that day, not anywhere in UK. Our solution at the moment is to have the wedding in the morning of 3rd July, and to go to premium centre in the afternoon. Does anyone have experience of applying for the spouse visa on the same day you got married, and know for a fact this is possible ?

Also, my boyfriend is currently a director of his own company, he founded the company September 2014, so he hadn't had the full financial year yet, and have yet to have official documents from accountants to prove his income/tax etc. In this case would he be proving his income with his bank statement, or is there any other measure he would need to take ??

Lastly, when paying for premium service, would I be paying the healthcare surcharge at the same time , or can I pay that seperatly later on ?

Appreciate any feedback and help anyone can provide.
Many thanks in advance !

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
You pay the surcharge before the appointment.

You are going to need more than a bank statement to prove income from self-employment. Have you read through FM 1.7? There are a lot of specific documents.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_Annex_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf

One problem with your plan. You may be granted your visa on the day of the appointment but the BRP-biometric residence permit-which contains all your visa details is sent to you after usually in 7-10 days. You need the BRP along with your passport in order to be able to re enter the UK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.