Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Here's some back ground info.

My wife made an online application on the 7th October for a spouse visa.

She handed in all the documents today (5th Nov) but was told she made a mistake on the online application.

What she was told, was that she select "marriage visa" instead of "wife visa".

So, here's the problem....

She reapplied online today, then handed in all the documents with the new application form.

What i've just realised is that as the original application was dated the 7th Oct, therefore my last payslip and bank statement is dated 30th Sept.

Now, if the new application is dated 5th Nov...does that mean my last payslip 30th Sept, falls outside the minimum time frame? Or will they have records of the first application?

Ultimately, does it mean our application will be rejected?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, your last pay slip falls outside the 28-day window and there is a chance that her application will be put on hold. In that case send in your October payslip and corresponding bank statement - permitted because both existed at the time of her second application - and provided all other parts of her application being in order, a visa should be issued. Wait until you hear from them first as sometimes they can exercise discretion over evidential requirement, which can happen if you earn well above the minimum income.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, your last pay slip falls outside the 28-day window and there is a chance that her application will be put on hold. In that case send in your October payslip and corresponding bank statement - permitted because both existed at the time of her second application - and provided all other parts of her application being in order, a visa should be issued. Wait until you hear from them first as sometimes they can exercise discretion over evidential requirement, which can happen if you earn well above the minimum income.
Thanks Joppa, i was starting to panic a little. I was ready to get the updated payslips/statements ready to send for next day international delivery (which isnt cheap). I'll hold off until we get an answer.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
They don't accept any additional documents unless they have requested first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.