Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I got my Skilled (Migrant) (class VE) subclass 175 (Skilled -Independent) visa in January 2012.I am an Indian citizen currently in Bangalore. I am getting married in June and me and my wife plan to move to Australia immediately after that. I plan to apply for a dependent visa in June once we get the marriage certificate. I was told that her visa will take about 6months to come. We want to go as soon as possible.

How about if she gets an Australian tourist visa, and we both come to Australia around July, and then she can come back to collect her dependent visa when it arrives?

Please advise if this sounds right or if there are other better alternate options? Also, can she look for a job in tourist visa. She is an IT professional.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank You very much.
BJ

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi BJM,

I am in a similar situation as you were . I got my 175 grant in May and getting married next month.

Though I intend to go to Aus later this year or early next year, but I want to know what type of visa shall I apply for my wife after getting married in March?

Please suggest

Hello,

I got my Skilled (Migrant) (class VE) subclass 175 (Skilled -Independent) visa in January 2012.I am an Indian citizen currently in Bangalore. I am getting married in June and me and my wife plan to move to Australia immediately after that. I plan to apply for a dependent visa in June once we get the marriage certificate. I was told that her visa will take about 6months to come. We want to go as soon as possible.

How about if she gets an Australian tourist visa, and we both come to Australia around July, and then she can come back to collect her dependent visa when it arrives?

Please advise if this sounds right or if there are other better alternate options? Also, can she look for a job in tourist visa. She is an IT professional.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank You very much.
BJ

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hello BJM,

You could apply for a prospective marriage visa (subclass 300) and change your application to a partner visa if it is still in progress in June. As discussed in the DIAC Partner Migration Booklet on page 33:

If you marry your financé(e) before you are granted a Prospective Marriage visa, you can change your application to that of a Partner visa at no extra charge.
If the prospective marriage visa is granted before your marriage date you will have to travel to Australia to validate your visa before the marriage in India.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.