Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to know what i can do to get a decision made. My husband applied for a spouse visa from Pakistan on priority service 9 and a half months ago. Despite involving the MP we have not had any decision made on our case nor been contacted by the home office regarding any issues with the documents.

Thanks,

Tabassum

·
Registered
557 Posts
Maybe you can look at this "ombudsman services" that someone posted a while back. Speak to them & see if they are willing to help. Has the case been escalated?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe you can look at this "ombudsman services" that someone posted a while back. Speak to them & see if they are willing to help. Has the case been escalated?
Yes, the case has been escalated a few times but it has made no difference. I have had a look at that website but don't think it will be of much help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
As from my experience, I am guessing they sent you an email asking you to provide details such as gwf, dob, date of biometrics etc for an escalation. I heard a reply from HO after this email is sent is a good sign.. A response stating something like that your escalation has been passed on to the relevant department and they will be in contact with the email provided. Did you get a response of this nature or did they just not reply to you. I read somewhere that someone has had this response and his Visa has be granted within/after 15 days.

Good luck, I also applied from Pak, and have been waiting for 6 months, if it makes you feel better you're not the only one :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yes, the case has been escalated a few times but it has made no difference. I have had a look at that website but don't think it will be of much help.
As from my experience, I am guessing they sent you an email asking you to provide details such as gwf, dob, date of biometrics etc for an escalation. I heard a reply from HO after this email is sent is a good sign.. A response stating something like that your escalation has been passed on to the relevant department and they will be in contact with the email provided. Did you get a response of this nature or did they just not reply to you. I read somewhere that someone has had this response and his Visa has be granted within/after 15 days.

Good luck, I also applied from Pak, and have been waiting for 6 months, if it makes you feel better you're not the only one :)
Maybe both of you should try ringing them (ombudsman) - you have nothing to lose, you never know it may just be the act that gets them to make a decision on you're applications.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Did they tell you what the delay is? Yes we received that email twice in the past 3 Months regarding escalation but it made no difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did they tell you what the delay is? Yes we received that email twice in the past 3 Months regarding escalation but it made no difference.
Well no reason whatsoever, they so unpredictable that anything that can happen anytime.
Did you get that response from HO that your case has been passed on to the relevant dept? If so that is a good sign I hear.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well no reason whatsoever, they so unpredictable that anything that can happen anytime.
Did you get that response from HO that your case has been passed on to the relevant dept? If so that is a good sign I hear.
Whatever HO tell you, take it with a pinch of salt.

Reactions: TabassumQureshi

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yah you right
Will look into the obudsman services...cheers
Let us know what happens IF you end up deciding speaking to them. Good luck and hoping you get a positive result after waiting this long.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.