Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Just a quick question.

My wife is on a spouse visa and we just had a baby, she is on maternity leave for another six months and she wants to make the most of it by going back to her country of origin with the baby for two months, so her parents/family can meet the baby and enjoy some family time.

Is being out of the country for two months on a spouse visa allowed? I don't see a reason why it wouldn't be but I just wanted to check.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey,

Just a quick question.

My wife is on a spouse visa and we just had a baby, she is on maternity leave for another six months and she wants to make the most of it by going back to her country of origin with the baby for two months, so her parents/family can meet the baby and enjoy some family time.

Is being out of the country for two months on a spouse visa allowed? I don't see a reason why it wouldn't be but I just wanted to check.

Thanks
Congratulations! My understanding from reading for me and OH is no more than 90 days in a year and if you go over that you have to reapply. I'd be careful of going close to 90 days though in case you were delayed getting back to the UK.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
There is no such rule. For settlement visa, the principle is that since the purpose of such a visa is to live with your partner permanently in UK, staying away more than half the time, without compelling reason, may cast doubt whether you have fulfilled the requirement. So going away for 2 months during maternity leave is fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.