Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm hoping to apply for a UK Spouse visa for my wife in a few weeks. I'm a Brit; she's Russian. I'll be moving to the UK with her from Russia. I have been working for more than 6 months at a job that paid more than £18,600 here in Moscow, and I have someone who can offer me a job in England at over £18,600.

My question is, how long does the contract of the job offer need to be for? If it was for, say, 6 months, would that be acceptable? Does annex FM 1.7 say anythign about that, or are there any other guidelines on it?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Fixed-term contract for 6 months will be fine. There is no stipulation about how long it should be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed-term contract for 6 months will be fine. There is no stipulation about how long it should be.
Thanks for this, Joppa.

I feel a little nervous about applying with a short(ish) contract like this. Does anyone have direct experience of making a similar, successful, application?

Dan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Dan.
I'm in a similar situatrion. Was the six month contract enough?
Cheers.
Hi Oleary1599,

I got a permanent job offer in the end, and will be applying in a few days.

However, I was assured by a number of immigration advisors that a 6-month contract would suffice.

Dan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Dan, thanks for the quick reply!
That is a great help.
Hope it all works out for you.
Cheers.
Likewise. Good luck. As an extra encourgement, I trust the advisors both on this forum and the professionals who told me a 6-month fixed term contract would suffice.

All the best,

Dan

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi there. I had a very similar query, searched and found this one.
so 6 months seems ok. That's great.
What about 3 months? (What about 1 month?!)
Is there no guidance on this point - and if not, is it just up to whoever is processing the application? Seems a bit loose?

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
The thing is, in order to qualify, you either need to have been in work with the same employer(s) for 6 months (Cat A) or with various jobs over the past 12 months (Cat B), so you need to demonstrate that you have been capable of working and earning the minimum. They assume that chances are at the end of your short-term contract you are likely to get another one to keep earning an income.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.