Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Thank you all for the help you have given us so far. I am in the UK and a sponsor for my husband the applicant. he submitted his spouse visa application paperwork last week in zimbabwe and today he was called to attend an interview on Wednesday. We have a few questions:

1. Is it normal or is it a good thing to be called for an interview after submission? (my understanding is that Zimbabwean papers go to south Africa but his interview id in Zimbabwe)
2. What sort of information will they be looking for during the interview?
3. Do they tell him the result/outcome of the application on the day?
Please help we are counting on your help? Any other information on the interview is very welcome.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
It is exceedingly rare to have interviews in many countries, but in others it's quite common, so you can't tell whether it's a good sign or not. Some Zimbabwean applicants have been interviewed, others not and still got approved.
Range of questions varies and can be about any aspect of your application. Be prepared to answer any queries, and have some extra supporting documents to hand. Often questions are about your relationship, which is subjective and not always easy to evidence, so make sure your husband can remember your personal details, such as your parents' names, which are declared on the application form. He should definitely have a printed out copy with him but he should memorise details.
No, he is most unlikely to be told the outcome of his application there and then, as further scrutiny and verification checks may be needed, which is done by ECO in Pretoria.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Please keep us posted Hopefull as my son is sponsoring his wife after he has completed his si months of work. I would be interested to know how you progress. Good luck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.