Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I really need an advice I want to Apply for a. Spouse visa for my husband but I am currently on full benefits due to my disability I receive higher rate on care and lower on mobility am also 8 month pregnant with our first child is there a possibility of him getting the visa due to my disability and also me being pregnant on compassionate ground. Pls help me!

·
Registered
39,153 Posts
Hello, I really need an advice I want to Apply for a. Spouse visa for my husband but I am currently on full benefits due to my disability I receive higher rate on care and lower on mobility am also 8 month pregnant with our first child is there a possibility of him getting the visa due to my disability and also me being pregnant on compassionate ground. Pls help me!
You may have a chance under current rules, but you need some money in savings or external support from other family members. It's £111.45 per week after housing costs. If your husband has some money, that will count too.

When the expected new rules come in, you are unlikely to be eligible as you need to be earning something like £25,700 a year, with benefits and external sponsorships likely to be disregarded.

Being disabled and pregnant don't amount to compassionate ground.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Joppa I dnt have any saving but I get £392 a month on DLA and £348.70 every two weeks on income support which is more than a enough because I dnt spend all of it. Can family or friend support financially he as a brother in Scotland .

·
Registered
39,153 Posts
Thanks Joppa I dnt have any saving but I get £392 a month on DLA and £348.70 every two weeks on income support which is more than a enough because I dnt spend all of it. Can family or friend support financially he as a brother in Scotland .
I don't know how UKBA will look at your finances because they only allow some, but not all benefits for maintenance purposes. It's much safer to have an external sponsor lined up who can give you at least the minimum weekly amount expected, in writing and enclosing pay slips and bank statement (for 3 months) to show they can afford it.

Even under current rules, UKBA aren't impressed by UK sponsor (that's you) with little income of their own and depends largely on public purse. They often exercise their discretion to turn down such applications. We have seen them getting ever so much stricter in applying rules, no doubt in anticipation of new rules coming in shortly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.