Biometrics: 11/11/14
Documents sent to Islamabad Pakistan: 13/11/14
Visa Application refused 29/01/15 due to not meeting financial requirement
Re-applied online: 19/02/15
Biometrics: 23/02/15
Documents sent to Islamabad Pakistan: 25/02/15
Email received to pick up documents: 07/5/15
Picked up documents UK Spouse Visa Granted: 07/5/15

This is my timeline. I am extremely happy:cheer2: that my husband was granted visa!!!! Thank you to all the members and moderators particularly to , Nyclon, Joppa & Shel for pointing me in the right direction and helping me. If i had known about this forum during my 1st application preparation, i wouldn't have had a rejection.

I had a small civil marriage so now i can finally prepare for a big lavishing wedding and a honeymoon:love: . I have got so much planning to do before he arrives:juggle::eek:

I am wondering if someone can further advice me?

1. How soon can my husband arrive in the U.K?:plane:
  2. His TB test has expired. Does he need to take a new one?
  3. Does he need to bring anything at the airport?
  4. He has a brother living in Sweden. Can he visit him on spouse visa?
  5. What is the next stage after Spouse visa and when can he apply for his Naturalisation?
  6. We are thinking of going to Maldives for honeymoon in July/aug for two weeks and then visiting Pakistan in December for two weeks for his sister's wedding. Is he allowed to leave U.K for holiday?

·
Registered
579 Posts
1. He can arrive on the next flight to the UK.
2. No.
3. No, but just keep all the visa documents in hand luggage just incase passport control want to see it.
4. Yes.
5. After 2.5 years he will submit FLR (M) and then after another 2.5 years he will submit SET (M). After 5 years he will be able to apply for Naturalisation. At each stage you will need to meet all requirements and so will he including passing the Life in the UK test.
6. Yes.

Reactions: wacko

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
What is the valid from date on his visa? He can travel anytime between the valid from and the valid to date. It's in his best interest to travel with at least 30 months left on the visa..

He should bring 1 or 2 things like a current bank statement and pay slip. He probably won't be asked for anything. You should be reachable by mobile and preferable at the airport to pick him up.

His spouse visa only gives him the right to live in the UK. If as a Pakistani citizen he needs a visa to visit Sweden, he still needs a visa. Having a UK spouse visa doesn't change that.

After 30 months in the UK he will apply for FLR (M). He'll need to pay the NHS Surcharge of £500 before he can apply. After 5 years, passing the Life In the UK test and passing an English test he can apply for ILR. Once he has ILR he can apply to be naturalised.

Normal holidays are fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the valid from date on his visa? He can travel anytime between the valid from and the valid to date. It's in his best interest to travel with at least 30 months left on the visa..

He should bring 1 or 2 things like a current bank statement and pay slip. He probably won't be asked for anything. You should be reachable by mobile and preferable at the airport to pick him up.

His spouse visa only gives him the right to live in the UK. If as a Pakistani citizen he needs a visa to visit Sweden, he still needs a visa. Having a UK spouse visa doesn't change that.

After 30 months in the UK he will apply for FLR (M). He'll need to pay the NHS Surcharge of £500 before he can apply. After 5 years, passing the Life In the UK test and passing an English test he can apply for ILR. Once he has ILR he can apply to be naturalised.

Normal holidays are fine.
Hi Ncylon,

Thank you for the information. When does he need to apply for FLR (M) Do i need to be working full-time permanent before he can apply for FLR and ILR?
How many holidays can he take in one year?
His visa was issued from 4/5/15 until 4/2/18. Can he come after 2 & 1/2 months? or does it has to be within 30 days?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
He does not need to travel within 30 days. He should arrive with 30 months left on his visa to avoid having to extend FLR (M) a 2nd time. He can apply for FLR (M) no more than 28 days before his 30 month anniversary of arriving in the UK on his spouse visa. The requirements for FLR (M) are the same as for the spouse visa. You must meet the accommodation, financial and relationship requirements. Your husband's income can contribute to the financial requirement. Your proof of relationship will be that you are living together so you will need bills addressed jointly and/or separately.

Normal holidays are fine. There is no set number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.