Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just filling out the 'practice' VAF4A form & APPENDIX 2 for my wifes upcoming spouse visa application to the UK from Thailand.

A few questions if i may.

In the 'VAF4A Part 11 Declaration' part it asks

Have you used an agent or representative to complete this
application?

Do i put myself down as i filled it in before giving to her to sign and submit?

VAF4A Part 4 it asks for Parents date of birth
My wifes parents are both deceased, and she cannot find record of their birth date, only the date they died. She used to have the info when we submitted for her tourist visa last year, but no longer has record of it...should i just put unknown? I could figure out the year but not the day/month, and didn't want to make it up in case they checked the previous tourist visa!

On APPENDIX 2:

1.19 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your
wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?

I have visited her countless times over the past 6 years spending time together ranging from 1 week to 6 months...do i have to list each time? We have been married since this January but i have not seen her since then, only daily skype
calls.

1.21 Have you or your sponsor previously been married
My wife is divorced and has the divorce certificate from 2010, but has no record of her ex-husbands date of birth and the date they were married...can i just put unknown?

3.11 What is your sponsor’s annual income from this employment before tax?

I'm on non-salaried employment and over the last 26 weeks have earned £10,366...so shall i x2 to get the yearly figure or give them the last 52 weeks figure (£19,541)? We're applying under CAT A.

Thanks all for help, nearly there now!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hi all,

Just filling out the 'practice' VAF4A form & APPENDIX 2 for my wifes upcoming spouse visa application to the UK from Thailand.

A few questions if i may.

In the 'VAF4A Part 11 Declaration' part it asks

Have you used an agent or representative to complete this
application?

Do i put myself down as i filled it in before giving to her to sign and submit?
No. You are not an agent or a representative. Tick no.

VAF4A Part 4 it asks for Parents date of birth
My wifes parents are both deceased, and she cannot find record of their birth date, only the date they died. She used to have the info when we submitted for her tourist visa last year, but no longer has record of it...should i just put unknown? I could figure out the year but not the day/month, and didn't want to make it up in case they checked the previous tourist visa!
Yes put unknown or an approximate month/year. Explain in the additional notes that you no longer have that information.

On APPENDIX 2:

1.19 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your
wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?

I have visited her countless times over the past 6 years spending time together ranging from 1 week to 6 months...do i have to list each time? We have been married since this January but i have not seen her since then, only daily skype
calls.
Visits do not count as living together in a relationship akin to marriage etc, so the answer to this question would be No.

1.21 Have you or your sponsor previously been married
My wife is divorced and has the divorce certificate from 2010, but has no record of her ex-husbands date of birth and the date they were married...can i just put unknown?
Yes.

3.11 What is your sponsor’s annual income from this employment before tax?

I'm on non-salaried employment and over the last 26 weeks have earned £10,366...so shall i x2 to get the yearly figure or give them the last 52 weeks figure (£19,541)? We're applying under CAT A.
As far as I understand, the way UKBA calculates your annual income under Category A is to take the lowest month's wages in the past 6 months and multiply it by 12. So take your lowest month and x 12 to get your annual salary. Otherwise if you are on an annual salary (say in your letter of employment), use that figure instead.

Thanks all for help, nearly there now!
Good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm sorry to contradict Leanna but for question 3.1 for a non salaried employment you do not take the lowest paid month and multiply it by 12. What you do is add up your 6 payslips, divide by 6 and then multiply by 12; That would be your total average annual income.

Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person‟s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).

To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used:

(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary

Read section 5

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, Just in my employment letter i have from my agency which states the following:

"Subsequently, (name) average GROSS pay paid each week is £398.05 and this average is calculated on the basis of (name) last 6 months pay. Hit total GROSS pay over the last 26 week period is £10,349.51, and over the last 52 weeks his GROSS total pay was £19,469.58"

However if i work it out according to the embassy guidelines i have earned £20,733.

I just want to make sure everything is on the straight and narrow and don't want to confuse the embassy!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I'm sorry to contradict Leanna but for question 3.1 for a non salaried employment you do not take the lowest paid month and multiply it by 12. What you do is add up your 6 payslips, divide by 6 and then multiply by 12; That would be your total average annual income.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary

Read section 5
My mistake I overlooked the non salaried element.

OP calculate your annual income as UKBA will calculate it and use that figure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
As Leanna says, I would follow UKBA rules. Maybe talk to the agency and request another letter but explain how UKBA requires you to calculate it.

That's as best of an advice I can give you. Best of luck getting the help you need!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reason the totals do not match is that i have been working solidly with no days off (which i dont get paid for) in the last 6 months. So my recent 6 months is actually higher than the previous 6 months where i didnt get paid as much.

Just wanted a more complete picture in the employment letter, thinking now maybe i should have it amended, and only give the 6 month total instead so they can do the calculation easier with no confusion.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Only include the 6 month payslips and figures that you are relying on to apply under Cat A. If you included any more or any less than the 6 months they require, It will definitely create confusion and that might cost you your visa.

In appendix 2, question 3.11 you will have to give your annual income and it will have to be calculated as UKBA requires you to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.