Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spouse visa

Hi,
My son would like to apply for spouse visa for her wife to bring her to UK. He is recieving EESA =£125 a week and PIP= £55 a week. Is he exempt from financial requirments?

He lives with me and my husband in 2 bedroom house owned outright and does not pay any rent?

Anyone please can advice ? Do I have to write a letter for him to support that he will have a free accomodation with his wife?

Also we have seen a immigration soliciter today she said that we need to show that my son gets a yearly income roughly of 13000£ for a couple to live in the uk? Is this true? (which he does not get that much from pip & eesa as shown above)

Thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
He needs to have £114.85 per week left after paying for rent and council tax, and if he is paying neither, the whole of his income will count, i.e. £180. So he meets the adequate maintenance requirement.
He needs a letter from you both allowing him and his wife to live with you rent-free, you need evidence of ownership such as title deed, proof of occupation like council tax statement or utility bill, and property inspection report to show that the accommodation is suitable and isn't overcrowded.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We went to the immigration solicitors today and payed 50£ for half an hour consiltation today but she confused us even more as she said you will need a income of 13000£ combined esa + pip to be able to bring the wife to the uk as she said thats what a couple should receive on income support for a year is this true ive never read or heard anything about this she also said to fill in a SU07 form on top of the application form and appendix 2 form. Can anyone advise please.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.