Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm hoping someone can advice me what documents etc we need for my American husband to apply for a Spouse visa for the UK?...We have been together for 3 years now and married last November in America. I am British and work part time with a 9yr old at home. I am looking for full time work as I am in receipt of Working tax credit as a single parent and know this is an issue. We have been flying back and forth for the last 3 years...my partner working whilst in America to support himself when in England on his visiting Visa. What do we need to do next?...Its so upsetting for us all every time we part and we need some help!! :confused:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hi, I'm hoping someone can advice me what documents etc we need for my American husband to apply for a Spouse visa for the UK?...We have been together for 3 years now and married last November in America. I am British and work part time with a 9yr old at home. I am looking for full time work as I am in receipt of Working tax credit as a single parent and know this is an issue. We have been flying back and forth for the last 3 years...my partner working whilst in America to support himself when in England on his visiting Visa. What do we need to do next?...Its so upsetting for us all every time we part and we need some help!! :confused:
Have you had a look on the UKBA visa site:

UK Border Agency | Partners and families

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thank you for your quick response :)..We have been on the site so many times. We are pretty sure on which Visa we need to apply for, but what kind of funds do we need?...i.e how much money does he need in his bank etc? As we are married do I need money in the bank?...I'm just confused and need some advice:)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hi, thank you for your quick response :)..We have been on the site so many times. We are pretty sure on which Visa we need to apply for, but what kind of funds do we need?...i.e how much money does he need in his bank etc? As we are married do I need money in the bank?...I'm just confused and need some advice:)
The guide to the particular application (look on the right hand side at the nav bar for guides to the applications including supporting documents) will have the specifics for your particular type of application. I think there are several variables depending on the type of application, the number of years you've been married, etc, so your best bet are the guides that apply to your application.

I applied for the probationary 27 month Entry Clearance (spouse) visa, and will need to apply in 2013 for the ILR. I think your having been married for several years puts you and your husband in a different application category.

Which application are you looking at?

Most importantly, lol, one of the mods will be along soon who have much better information on all the different situations-I couldn't have made it through my visa application process without the great mods and posters here on this forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am looking at the Spouse Visa, we only got married last November. However been together for 3 years, call me stupid but I can't find anything in the nav bar about Spouse visa or supporting documents? lol

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
AnAmericanInScotland said:
The guide to the particular application (look on the right hand side at the nav bar for guides to the applications including supporting documents) will have the specifics for your particular type of application. I think there are several variables depending on the type of application, the number of years you've been married, etc, so your best bet are the guides that apply to your application.

I applied for the probationary 27 month Entry Clearance (spouse) visa, and will need to apply in 2013 for the ILR. I think your having been married for several years puts you and your husband in a different application category.

Which application are you looking at?

Most importantly, lol, one of the mods will be along soon who have much better information on all the different situations-I couldn't have made it through my visa application process without the great mods and posters here on this forum!
Currently you need £165.56 per week in cash after paying for your housing cost (rent or mortgage and council tax). It can be a combination of your income, pro-rata of your combined savings (divide the total by 26) and any external support from your family etc in UK.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I am looking at the Spouse Visa, we only got married last November. However been together for 3 years, call me stupid but I can't find anything in the nav bar about Spouse visa or supporting documents? lol
Right, helps if I'd pointed you in the right direction from the start, sorry! I've spent so much time exploring those pages I forget that it takes something like four clicks to get from page 1 to page right, lol!

Look on the right hand side of this page and download the form and guidance notes:

UK Border Agency | Applying from outside the UK

The form and the guide have more information on what information and supporting documents they'll want to consider your application. LOL, I printed out both and read them out loud several times to make sure I understood everything before starting the online application.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.