Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We completed the online form for my wife's extension, paid the fee and have prepared the documents. The only problem is is that it is littered with mistakes. The paper form is
so much more straight forward and mistakes can be easily corrected.

We have written a number of Letter of Explanations explaining the mistakes but it just seems too much. Is there any way we can cancel the application and submit the paper form instead? The visa expires on 7th Sept so we have approx. 1 month to apply.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, as always Joppa. I think we will continue with the online form as we have come this far.

The major mistakes have been stating that I as the spouse claim DLA - which the form then exempted us from the financial requirements. It is in fact it is my daughter who receives DLA, and we have included a letter of explanation with form 7a outlining how we meet the financial requirements. All evidence is included in the supporting documents.

The other mistakes are many dates where my wife and children have left and returned to the UK on holiday, and the dates that we specified were one day out. Also we missed out a day-trip to France, because the system wouldn't accept a returning date on the same day as leaving. We have again written a letter of explanation for all these.

Hopefully we won't be penalised for these honest mistakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.