Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and found this place extremely helpful. Thanks everyone in advance!

However, I'm facing an ambiguous issue here regarding the financial requirement for my British wife (sponsor) to meet.

She has been working and receiving salaries from her dad's company for more than 6 months, in which her dad is the boss of the company and she works as an employee. According to the Appendix FMSE that I quoted below, while she's just an employee rather than a director. I wonder which category (A or F/G) will the amount of GBP16000 annual salary that she is receiving be counted toward?

QUOTE:
5.5.11. Paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE states that the specified type of limited company is one in which:
(i) the person is a director of the company (or another company within the same group); and
(ii) shares are held (directly or indirectly) by the person, their partner or the following family members of the person or their partner, parent, grandparent, child, stepchild, grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin; and
(iii) any remaining shares are held (directly or indirectly) by fewer than five other persons.

PS. While GBP16k is not sufficient yet to meet the requirement, I'm staking up the remaining using my savings.

I appreciate if anyone can offer some help! Cheers~

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
If she is just drawing salary, paying standard taxes, has no shares in the company, has no directorship responsibilities then she should apply under Category A as salaried employee.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Crawford, one more follow-up question.

Knowing that I'll need the below evidences to support the financial requirement. I would also like to ask if there is any particular format of payslips/cover letter/contract that immigration inspectors will need to look at? As in the end, her dad's company is self-owned and she is being hired without any official recruitment process and paper work.

Items need to be provided:
• 6 months’ worth of Payslips
• P60 tax payment
• Letter from Employment confirming employment
• Employment Contract

Cheers~

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Everything must be original. Letters must be on company letterhead. She will also need to provide 6 months of bank statements showing her salary being paid in to the account.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.