Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a job working for a company on £22650 gross in April.

Got my first payslip for April-June (3 months) paid in to my bank account. Next pay days will be:

1st August
1st September
1st October -- This will be 6 months in employment.

Would UKVI be alright with only having 4 payslips for the 6 month period? I have an employment contract which says that my first payslip will be after 3 months, then monthly.

Should I ask my employer to pay me quarterly so then it'll be 2 payslips for 3 months each..

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Under Cat A, you are supposed to send in 6 monthly pay slips plus corresponding bank statement. Having the first payslip in June combining your pay for 3 months may not meet the requirement, as they need to establish the minimum pay received if you are in a salaried position. If you can't wait till you get 6 monthly payslips, all I can suggest is you attach a letter from your employer breaking down your June payment into monthly segments. If your April pay is unusually low because you started work mid-way through the month, then you need to wait until the sub-standard pay record drops out of equation (by waiting a month longer to apply).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Under Cat A, you are supposed to send in 6 monthly pay slips plus corresponding bank statement. Having the first payslip in June combining your pay for 3 months may not meet the requirement, as they need to establish the minimum pay received if you are in a salaried position. If you can't wait till you get 6 monthly payslips, all I can suggest is you attach a letter from your employer breaking down your June payment into monthly segments. If your April pay is unusually low because you started work mid-way through the month, then you need to wait until the sub-standard pay record drops out of equation (by waiting a month longer to apply).
Thanks for the prompt response. I am in a salaried position. What if I were to ask my employer to pay me quarterly, i.e next payment in October.. would that help or make things more difficult. That would mean 2 payslips for 6 months.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Still not quite good enough, as they need to see how much you've been earning each month. Best way is to submit July to Dec monthly payslips. Failing that, May to Oct, with a letter from employer giving breakdown for May and June pay. Or can you apply under Cat B, provided you have earned at least £18,600 in the last 12 months through your current and previous jobs?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Still not quite good enough, as they need to see how much you've been earning each month. Best way is to submit July to Dec monthly payslips. Failing that, May to Oct, with a letter from employer giving breakdown for May and June pay. Or can you apply under Cat B, provided you have earned at least £18,600 in the last 12 months through your current and previous jobs?

Thank you. If I submit the June 3 month pay slip, plus monthly from July - Oct and in the unfortunate event I get refused, do I lose the fee or could I appeal, which by then I would have 6 monthly pay slips.

Did not have a job previously as was and still am a company director for a few companies. Unfortunately I was using the company bank accounts for personal transactions which makes things messy. Could a letter from the accountant help?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just been reading the guidance, I cannot seem to locate where it says it must be monthly payslips. All I find relevant is the income in the last 6 months should meet the annual income..

Slightly confused about para 18(a)(ii) in FM-SE - My payslip for the first 3 months states (ball park figures)

Basic Pay - £4090
Holiday - £1575

My next payslip I assume will state

Basic Pay £1890

Also para 13(a) - In October, I would have been in salaried employment by the current employer for 6 months, and I will be paid throughout the period of 6 months at a exceeding level of gross salary relied on.

Apart from my employer writing a letter with a monthly breakdown for Apr-June.... Could they just not take the total gross income throughout the 6 month period, divide by 6 and multiply by 12?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
It can be weekly, but since they must know what the lowest monthly pay was during the last 6 months (for weekly paid, they convert it into monthly pay), they must have figures for each month. While the guidance doesn't spell out monthly payslips, the way they interpret the rule, from our experience in the last 3 years, has been by taking the lowest monthly amount. You may be lucky and they will accept the payslips as you have them, but I don't want you to take chances. Should you get refused, you have to pay again for any re-application. You can appeal, but it can take a long time to get resolution, anything from a few months to a year.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It can be weekly, but since they must know what the lowest monthly pay was during the last 6 months (for weekly paid, they convert it into monthly pay), they must have figures for each month. While the guidance doesn't spell out monthly payslips, the way they interpret the rule, from our experience in the last 3 years, has been by taking the lowest monthly amount. You may be lucky and they will accept the payslips as you have them, but I don't want you to take chances. Should you get refused, you have to pay again for any re-application. You can appeal, but it can take a long time to get resolution, anything from a few months to a year.
Thanks for the help. Really appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.