Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the financial requirement. I'm hoping to apply under category A in a few months.

My husband's salary is paid into his current account each month and he transfers a portion of his monthly salary to his savings account. However this month, just before his salary was paid in, the current account was overdrawn by about £50 for a few days. This was due us miscalculating the dates when our utility bills are paid. However, he had savings of about £16000 in his savings account at the time. The use of the overdraft was a mistake due to us moving the money around.

1. I was wondering whether using his overdraft for a few days would be a potential problem in my spouse visa application? I am assuming this would not matter as my husband earns £31000 annually and the rules only consider whether we meet this threshold. Please let me know whether I should provide an explanation for this.

2. I was only going to submit the current account bank statements (where my husband's salary is paid in) and not our savings account statements as we are only using salaried employment to meet the financial requirement. Should I also submit the savings account statements to support the application?

Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.