Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have recently returned to the UK, and we will shortly be applying for a spouse visa for my wife to join me in Chile. I will have been working in the UK for 4 months when we apply, and prior to that lived and worked in Chile. Unfortuntaely we appear to have lost the Chilean bank statements.

We have UK bank statements from since I returned in June, as well as my payslips and a letter confirming my employment from June. We also have payslips and a contract from my Chilean employer. If we cannot get replacement bank statements (we are trying to arrange this with Scotiabank in Chile) will the visa be automatically rejected?

I worked for the same company in Chile as I do in the UK so I think would be able to get a letter from both the UK member firm, and Chilean member firm confirming the dates of my transfer to Chile and back to the UK etc. Would this be sufficient, even though the bank statements for four months would show an income below 18,600?

Thanks very much for any advice
Alistair

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Thanks for taking the time out to reply

Unfortunately I dont´think thats an option. I closed the account when I left Chile, and I´m in the UK now and the bank seems reluctant to deal with my wife, as the account wasn´t in her name.

Thanks Anyway
Alistair

·
Super Moderator
18,089 Posts
If you can get copies of the bank statements you can take them to the bank to be verified as originals which is acceptable to UKBA. I think bank statements and pay slips are required.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,

I´ll phone them up to see if they can reactivate my account so that I can print off statements.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.