Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope someone can help. I am really confused by the Spouse Visa financial requirements. My wife is Mauritian and I am trying to get her here.

I have savings over £62,500 but I had an amount gifted in Sep 2014 of £60,000 to my Barclays Bank. I then reinvested that amount with Aldermore Bank. Is this OK? I have been in control of the account for over 6 months - it is an easy access bank account. I have statements.

Appendix 7.4 worries me - the it cannot be borrowed bit

Savings must be held in cash in a personal bank/savings account in the name of the applicant, their partner or the couple jointly. The savings can be from any legal source, including a gift from a family member or other third party, provided the source of the cash savings is declared. The applicant and/or their partner must confirm that the money, which cannot be borrowed, is under their control and evidence that it has been held in their bank account for at least the 6 months prior to the date of application.

Best Regards, Gavin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why are you worried? Was it borrowed or was it a gift?
A gift. But I thought because I moved the money from Barclays to Aldermore it might be an issue. The transfer was done more than 6 months ago. I do have a certified deed of gift

·
Registered
70 Posts
It won't be a problem.

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
You need to hold the money in a readily accessible account for at least the 6 months immediately preceding the application. You need proof of where the funds came from. If it was a gift you need a letter from the giver declaring that it was a gift that they do not expect to be returned, you need the giver's bank statement showing the money leaving their account as well as your bank statement showing the money being deposited. If you changed banks you should then provide your new bank statement showing the money being deposited. You need to have immediate access to the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.