Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Going to get this all done in the next few days (hopefully before Worldbridge is down!!).

Here's my final checklist for my spouse visa and I *hope* I have everything I need:

- Application (online and 2 printed copies)
- VAF4 Appenix 2 (online and 2 printed copies)
- biometrics receipt (2 copies)
- application fee receipt (2 copies)
- worldbridge priority receipt (2 copies) to go on top
- return package label
- write "settlement priority" on the front and back

My info:
- current passport
- previous passport
- 2 passport sized photos (do these get paperclipped to both copies of the application?)

Husband's info:
- passport bio page copy (2 copies) in color
- 6 months of bank statements within 28 days (2 copies)
- 6 months of pay stubs within 28 days (2 copies)
- P60s (think we have two) (2 copies of each)
- employment contract (2 copies)
- signed letter from his boss (2 copies)
- signed intro letter from my husband (2 copies)

Accommodation:
- tenancy agreement (2 copies)
- letter from estate agency (saying I can be added to tenancy agreement only if a visa is granted) (2 copies)
- council tax bill (has both our names on it) (2 copies)
- utility bills (talktalk and water) (2 copies)
- floorplan (2 copies)

Shared info:
- marriage certificate and copy
- photos from ceremony at register's office (2, one for the original pile and one for the copy pile)
- photo evidence of us together, dated, 2 each, each within 6 months of the other
- facebook message screenshots (2 copies)
- facetime/skype screenshots (2 copies)
- call records (2 copies)
- flight itineraries of our visits (2 copies)
- hotel/event receipts (2 copies)

- proposed flight details (hope I'm not overzealous in having a flight that's too soon! :D)

Would love to hear input on how to put everything together; as of now I have just put the photos in separate small mania envelopes. What's the best order and how should I put it all in the package? I know not to use binders or tabs or excessive envelopes and I believe Joppa had mentioned strings- not sure what he meant.

Huge thanks to everyone, again! You're all so wonderful to take the time to help those of us in need and it is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Just have one pile of originals and one pile of copies in the same order make sure there are in some kind of sections just like the ones on your list. Put string around both of the piles to make sure there not loose. Good luck

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Your list looks fine (though haven't scrutinised in great details). You want to include a letter of introduction from you, covering much the same area as your husband's. You only need one photocopy of every original. I know that's what you mean by '2 copies', but can be misleading.
If you like, you can put a cover sheet over each section, describing what it relates to such as financial, accommodation and relationship. Put strings or ribbons in a cross-shape around each pile. For valuable small documents like passports and payslips that may fall out, you can put them in transparent plastic ziploc bag. Don't expect to get the bags back, though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys!!

Thank you SO MUCH!

I did forget to include my intro letter- but it's all printed up and ready to go. And yes, two copies meaning original and copy.

I'll definitely do a cover sheet for each section; I know UKBA isn't ignorant but I can't imagine submitting something without labels after 6 years of Uni!

Should I fasten the passport sized photos to the applications?

Thank you again so much. I'm pretty sure I'd be out $1400 and without a visa if I didn't have this forum.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I suggest you put the photos in a small see-through bag, about 3" x 3", and attach to the front page of your application with a paperclip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.