Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I am back. This forum was really useful back in 2015 when I was applying for my British citizenship and passport and I am hoping it will help us again

So this time I am applying for my wife visa from Pakistan. This will be dependent family visa. She applied back in 2107 and was granted however she couldn't stay due to her studies so we are applying for a new one now

I have got all the documents ready. I got few questions I was hoping somebody can help me with.

1 - Does anybody have a sample list of documents that I can use ?

2- Does she have to go through Bio-metric again ? She already did in her previous application.

3- Also her degree is in English and we have a letter from university stating that as well. Do we still need to provide NARIC letter ( IELTS expired)?

4- We have two children now. They have British passports so do we need to provide any documentation for them or anything else?

5 - Are UKBA still accepting and processing visa applications as normal ?

6 - Do we need to post any documents to UKBA or is it just scanning all documents and that's it.

7- She took IELTS Life Skills– A1 Speaking & Listening back in 2016. It has expired now but this was used in our previous approved application. Can I use this now again or do she have to do either test or NARIC letter ?

Really appreciate any help. If anybody else is also thinking or going to apply for wife visa from pakistan, please do get in touch.

·
17,923 Posts
Do a forum search. There are hundreds of document checklists.

Biometrics have to be done for every new visa application.

If her degree was awarded outside of the UK then she needs a NARIC certificate.

You don't need any additional documentation for the children.

UKVI are not processing new applications at this time. Visa application centres are closed around the world so biometrics can not be submitted.

The application is online and you upload your documents.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do a forum search. There are hundreds of document checklists.

Biometrics have to be done for every new visa application.

If her degree was awarded outside of the UK then she needs a NARIC certificate.

You don't need any additional documentation for the children.

UKVI are not processing new applications at this time. Visa application centres are closed around the world so biometrics can not be submitted.

The application is online and you upload your documents.
Thank you.

So somebody mentioned that if IELTS certificate was used in previous application and now it has expired, it can still be used in new application ? Is this correct ? Does it mean that we don't need NARIC certification for english language ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts