Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I was wondering whether anyone can help. My husband is currently here on a spouse visa, due to expire in Feb 18. I am currently earning just below 18,600 and my husband is also working meaning we earn well above the threshold. However I have applied for a new job due to start in September 17 which would take my earnings to 24k. Ive worked out that by the time I apply i would have 5 months pay slips from the new job so would be unable to apply using 6 months worth of payslips. So my question is, would I apply using 12 months worth of payslips and use my husbands and my earnings/evidence for the 1st 7 months and then the payslips from my new job alone for the last 4 months, thus showing we have earned above the threshold for the past 12 months?

Thanks in advance for the help, this forum was a great help in the past when I applied for his first visa.

Anything I've left unclear please let me know

Lorna

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If you need both your and your husband's jobs to meet the requirement, they must be under the same category, A or B. You can't mix the two. But if it looks like you make the requirement on your current and future jobs alone, in which case you can sponsor his application under Cat B. Just make sure you have earned, in the last 12 months from the date of application, at least £18,600 from your two jobs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much Joppa, so to clarify I would just use 12 months payslips of my own earnings. As my current job pays £18596 I would just use the first 7 payslips from that job and the last 5 payalips from my new job as averaged out I would have earned above the threshold in the past year?

If I don't get the new job then I would just use 6 months worth of payslips from mine and my husbands jobs?

Thanks again for replying

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.