Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My wife was granted a 2.5 year spouse visa on October 2014 and so July 2017 it expires.

We are applying online to extend and we are being asked about details of time spent outside the UK.

My wife was away completing her medicine degree for the following periods

1. Nov. 2014 to Jan. 2015
2. Feb. 2015 to June 2015
3. July 2015 to Sep. 2015
4. Oct. 2015 to May 2016
5. May 2016 to June 2016 (she has been in the UK since June 2016 without anytime outside UK)

Do I need to state all of these?
Thank you

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Yes, she has to declare them all, and as she has been out of UK for around 16 months out of 30 months, it will be a factor to be taken into consideration. Generally, absence more than 50% of the time raises the question of whether the terms of her visa have been met, which is to live ordinarily in UK with you. Did she travel on her own and you weren't with her while she completed her medical degree?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, she has to declare them all, and as she has been out of UK for around 16 months out of 30 months, it will be a factor to be taken into consideration. Generally, absence more than 50% of the time raises the question of whether the terms of her visa have been met, which is to live ordinarily in UK with you. Did she travel on her own and you weren't with her while she completed her medical degree?
i was with her on my annual leaves, each time i travelled on own to her for around 2/3 weeks.
1. Christmas 2014
2. May 2015
3. Christmas 2015
4. March 2016

She also travelled to the UK for a few weeks on her time off studies.

Thanks Joopa

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
They will probably say that as the purpose of spouse visa is to enable a couple to live together permanently in UK, she hasn't met that part of the requirement. Completing a medical degree in her home country while you lived in UK and visited her occasionally doesn't square with the intention to live together permanently in UK, as she could have delayed getting her settlement visa until she has completed her studies. So extension is more likely outcome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They will probably say that as the purpose of spouse visa is to enable a couple to live together permanently in UK, she hasn't met that part of the requirement. Completing a medical degree in her home country while you lived in UK and visited her occasionally doesn't square with the intention to live together permanently in UK, as she could have delayed getting her settlement visa until she has completed her studies. So extension is more likely outcome.
Thanks Joppa,

The following is asked under - Personal information, shall i state time including the short visits my wife came to the UK or just over 6 months? I have entered the collective time lived in the UK.

Time lived in the UK: 1 year, 3 months

Have you been out of the UK since you started living here? No

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, you can aggregate the time.
Thanks Joppa, i meet the financial threshold with my salary and have the payslips.

I also own a ltd company (which is asked in one of the questions - Are you a director or non-executive director of a limited company based in the UK?) and also i have some rental income (one of the questions optionally asks about other income sources)

The other income sources question is optional but the director question seems like i have to answer it?
Also my wife has a part time job £700 per month which i have not added yet to the online form, i don't want to confuse them with too much paperwork.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Generally you only disclose financial details necessary to meet the requirement.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joppa do we need to include photos of us together? whatsapp messages? Some of the checklist included that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.