Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I will be submitting my first extentsion (I've been here for 2.5 years) in order to get my second 2.5 year spouse visa. I have completed the application online and have paid for my NHS fee. Before I pay for the application and hit submit, I was hoping to have my lists of supporting documents checked over. Please let me know if there is something else that I should include.

- My US Passport
- One Passport Photo of my Husband
- Two Passport Photos of me (the applicant)
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Certifcate from Previous Marriage
- Letter from Mother-in-Law stating that we have lived here for the past two years.
- Consent for Home Office to Verify the Utility Bills that are in my Mother-in-Law's name and address, since our names do not appear on the utility bills.
- Copies of Utility Bills with an explanation that these are in my Mother-in-Law's name due to us living in her house.
- Consent for Home Office to Verify the Saving's Acct information of my Husband (we are meeting the financial route via savings)
- Statement from my husband regarding the source of savings funds, along with documentation of the sale of our house.
- Our bank does not issue a statement monthly for the savings account, so we cannot provide a statement for each of the past 6 months. We do have a statement showing the balance from Oct - Dec 2016 and another statement showing the balance from Jan through Mar 2017.
- In lieu of a current statement, we will be going to the bank to have them generate a current balance printout. I've read about having bank documents "stamped" for authenticity. Is this necessary?

- Reagarding mail in our names, we have a bit of an issue. Since none of the utilities are in our names, we have received very little mail. I'm hoping that the random pieces of mail we've received and the one bank account in both of our names will be sufficient.

There are a few documents that I'm not sure whether they need to be submitted or not? They are:

- Previous Expired Passports (even if the current visa is in the current passport)
- My husband's British Passport
- My husband's birth certificate (does it need to be the original)
- Council Tax Bill in my mother-in-law's name

Thank you in advance for your time and help! I'm hoping to submit everything either tomorrow or Monday.

- Rices

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Help Please!!

Hello again,

I'll be submitting my documents tomorrow so I'm really hoping that someone can look over my list of documents below! Pretty please!!!

I'm also wondering if I have to submit the original of my husband's birth certificate and passport?!

Just an answer to that one question would be so appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

Rices

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Reagarding mail in our names, we have a bit of an issue. Since none of the utilities are in our names, we have received very little mail. I'm hoping that the random pieces of mail we've received and the one bank account in both of our names will be sufficient.
This is a gaping hole in your application. You really need to submit items of official correspondence addressed to you both throughout the last 2.5 years. I don't know what you mean by "random pieces of mail" but they need to be from official sources. One bank account isn't nearly enough

You don't need letters of consent for UKVI to look up information on you. You don't need any birth certificates. You can submit either your husband's original passport, or a copy as long as it includes all of the pages.

We do have a statement showing the balance from Oct - Dec 2016 and another statement showing the balance from Jan through Mar 2017.
I doubt this will be sufficient, does it show all of the transactions and balance at the end of each month? If your statements end at March 2017 then you're missing almost three months of the required six.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply!

I suppose that I shouldn't have said random mail. We did manage to collect enough mail from the NHS, DVLA and banks that it should suffice. We only have the one account in both of our names, so the other mail is to us individually but at the same address.

The letters of consent were included as attachments to our application, so we will send them just to be safe.

Regarding the passport, it seems easiest to send the actual passport in.

Thank you again!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Don't forget- if not submitting your British spouses passport, you must photocopy each page of the passport and submit that. And by each page, they mean EACH page. front back and all the blanks in between.

Good luck.

Ignore, just saw that you decided to submit the passport itself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I doubt this will be sufficient, does it show all of the transactions and balance at the end of each month? If your statements end at March 2017 then you're missing almost three months of the required six.
About the bank account, it doesn't generate monthly statements. We went into the bank and they printed a transaction printout with a letter on their letterhead stating that it is an official document from the bank. The letter, transaction printout and two statements show that the amount has been maintained since Oct of last year. I'm hoping it works!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Also, remember to write your names on the back of your passport photos. We nearly forgot.

Strange that your bank doesn't do monthly statements. Have you tried asking if they might do so for a fee?

·
Registered
924 Posts
I would put the council tax bill in your MIL's name as it only helps cement that she is the owner of the house. Doesn't hurt as it's just the one additional document.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Sorry I've just read:

In lieu of a current statement, we will be going to the bank to have them generate a current balance printout. I've read about having bank documents "stamped" for authenticity. Is this necessary?
If it's on official branch letterhead (transaction history isn't always printed with one), then it doesn't need to be authenticated. Otherwise, it needs to be stamped, signed, or accompanied by a letter authenticating it

Reactions: Rices

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the reminders!

We realized too late that the statements only generate if there is a transaction on the account, hence the lack of statements to submit. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.