Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I am using Cat A(Salaried) for my Spouse Visa Extension application.

I only realized the salary of my partner's latest payslip (September) was shown in October bank statement, which was DATED 1 DAY LATER than the date of application. I submitted my online application on 12th Oct, and the bank statement dated 12thSept-13thOct.

Anyone know if this will lead to a high chance of refusal ?

What kind of supporting document, apart from cover letter to explain this mistake would help?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
725 Posts
This is normal you do not need any cover letter to explain any of this. What the rule say is that your latest evidence for financial should not be older than 28 days and nothing about a day later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is normal you do not need any cover letter to explain any of this. What the rule say is that your latest evidence for financial should not be older than 28 days and nothing about a day later.
That's a relief! Everywhere is stressing the 28 days rule I thought I had screwed up my application !

Good luck to yours as well Toby !

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Agreed - What matters is that it shows the deposit of your most recent payslip, they don't care if the bank statement itself is 1 day later than the application date

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@clever-octopus How does this question differs from my question in this link, as I was given a different answer

(12) ILR submission | Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad
Hi @ess40

((I have already SUBMITTED my application when I realised this mistake ))

I have read your post , to my understanding,

on the visa checklist it states regarding to payslip - they need to be covering a period of 6 months PRIOR to the date of application (so i think if you applied on 27 Oct, you can only use payslip you got on 30 Sept).

I submitted my application on 12Oct, the latest payslip I got was Sept salary, it was paid into my partner's account on 20 Sept, but it didn't show on his Sept bank statement, instead it was appeared on the bank statement we received on 14Oct, no publishing date on the statement but it states covering the period 11Sept to 13 Oct

hope that might explain a bit, but lets wait for clever-octopus's reply.

Good luck with your application !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts