Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I just made a list of the documents that I'm going to send to my wife for spouse visa, is there anything missin on this list still?
INDEX
I. APPLICANT INFORMATION(Wife)
A. Letter of Introduction
B. Printed Copy of Online Application Form
C. VAF4A-Appendix2 Form
D. Original and Photocopy of Applicant Passport
E. 2x Passport Sized Photos
F. TB Test Results
G. IELTS Test Result

II. Sponsor Information(Husband)
A. Letter of Introduction
B. Sponsorship Undertaking Form
C. Certified Copy of British and Filipino Passport I got dual citezenship do i need to include my dual citz form aswell?
D. Letter of Employment/Contract

III. Financial Information
A. Payslip(s) from January 2015 to June 2015
B. Bank Statement(s) from January 2015 to June 2015
C. P60 (2014-15) *this does not reflect my income for the whole tax year

IV. Accommodation
A. Tenancy Agreement
B. Letter from Parents/Landlord verifying accommodation agreement
C. Council Tax Bill
D. Photographs of Outside, Inside and Bedrooms of the House

V. Evidence of Genuine Relationship
A. Original and Photocopy of Marriage License
B. Timeline of Visits Including Photos(Wedding, Holidays, Pictures Together)
C. eTickets from flights/Visits/Travel History
D. Conversation History(Facebook, Skype)
E. Proof of Support (Money Remittance)

·
Super Moderator
18,047 Posts
You only need a regular photocopy of the bio pages of your UK passport. Does the application ask for the sponsor's other passports?

You don't need photos of your accommodation. Are you living with your parents or renting a separate premise from them?

You don't need a timeline. You need 10-15 photos including the wedding. You don't need money remittance receipts.

You should include a sample itinerary for when she'd like to travel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You only need a regular photocopy of the bio pages of your UK passport. Does the application ask for the sponsor's other passports?

You don't need photos of your accommodation. Are you living with your parents or renting a separate premise from them?

You don't need a timeline. You need 10-15 photos including the wedding. You don't need money remittance receipts.

You should include a sample itinerary for when she'd like to travel.
Thanks! Am living with my parents and we have one spare which we'll be using once my wife gets here, i see, what do you mean by sample itenary? Do i just find airline bookings online? And screenshot? Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And by the way i mentioned that we have a daughter on my cover letters, but were not going to apply her yet, just my wife first, do i include my daughters birth cert? On my wife's application? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,047 Posts
If you are living with your parents do they rent or own? If they own you need the deed or land registry, a council tax or other bill, a letter of permission from them and a property inspection is recommended. If they rent you need the tenancy agreement, letter from the landlord giving her permission to live there and a property inspection is recommended.

Print a sample itinerary from an airline booking website. Yes, just a screen shot or print out.

I don't think you have to include your daughter's birth certificate unless you are using it as evidence of your relationship.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just a quickie. Regarding the itinerary (my fiancee is also in the Phils), I spoke to STA travel who emailed me a planned flight itinerary which included her name, flight dates and numbers ! Bingo ! It cost nothing as its only a planned itinerary.

·
Super Moderator
18,047 Posts
Just a quickie. Regarding the itinerary (my fiancee is also in the Phils), I spoke to STA travel who emailed me a planned flight itinerary which included her name, flight dates and numbers ! Bingo ! It cost nothing as its only a planned itinerary.
All you have to do is go to an online booking site.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi.. thanks for this. And thanks Nyclon for the additional info. This list is really helpful as I will be applying this September to join my husband in the UK. I'm also from the Philippines. May I ask how your spouse visa application went? How long did you have to wait before the result arrived?

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
When your accommodation is shared with people other than your immediate family, such as parents, other siblings, lodgers, flatmates etc, you are strongly advised to get property inspection report, which independently verifies that the accommodation isn't overcrowded and is otherwise suitable for occupation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What if your parent's own the house, but will be letting us live there while they live elsewhere? Would it just be a simple rental agreement?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.