Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my husband cant find his birth certificate. can we use his passport to prove his age and citizen ship? any other options?

·
Registered
585 Posts
seeking advice plis, i and my fiance,( english guy), we are planning to register a marriage in the church of E in two weeks time, im on student visa which expires october 2014, ukba shuts my college october 2011, and havent been going to the college since then, my main worry is tht , at the church are they going to get in touch with home office and find out wht i have been doing, really stressed out.
Please can you not re-post your query several times. Someone will assist when possible.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Well, marrying when your visa has expired isn't good. I presume when you gave notice, your visa was still valid, and while your marriage licence was being processed. It's valid for 3 months. While it's unlikely the church will contact Home Office, as you have a valid marriage licence, the fact of marrying on expired visa will come to light when you next apply for a visa. While it isn't a deal breaker, you will need to own up and take responsibility for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanx Joppa for your reply, do you think my visa has expired now, even though im thnking is expiring October 2014. im really shuttered because i havent been attending the college. Im so confused, whether to register the marriage or not, or i wl be caught.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Home Office should have contacted you when your college's sponsor licence was revoked, and you should have looked for somewhere else to continue your studies. Otherwise your visa should have been reduced to just 60 days.
So has Home Office written to you, do they have your up-to-date address, and what did you do in response?

If we revoke your education provider's Tier 4 sponsor licence while you are studying in the UK, we will limit your permission to stay.

If you were not involved in the reasons why the licence was revoked, your permission to stay will be reduced to 60 days. We will not limit your permission to stay at all if your permission to stay will expire in less than 60 days. You may want to apply for permission to stay with another Tier 4 sponsor during this time.
If we think you were involved in the reasons why the licence was revoked, we will curtail your permission to stay immediately.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanx Joppa, i havent been contacted., i only contacted agents who are placing the students in the colleges. and asked me to have 9000pounds in my account for 28days for me to start in the college. thnk i need to go back home and apply for a spouse visa from there. thanx a lot for your help.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, you have been illegally in UK for nearly 3 years (because they would have curtailed your stay) so the sooner you leave, the better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
oh my god, dad is english, thanx a lot joppa. that means the dad will follow us then, as he cant spend a single day without seeing him.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You can ask for discretionary leave to remain (DLR) for humanitarian reasons, but this is something you should discuss with a professional advisor as it needs expert handling. Don't try to apply unaided.

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanx a lot for your help. i wil try to see them maybe they can help out, or i wil have to travel back and do the marriage there and apply for a spouse visa.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Just so that you know, there is no guarantee that your spouse visa will be issued, and you have to explain your unofficial stay on Tier 4 student visa when you haven't been studying. So be prepared.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Joppa even if i can travel back, and stay there like 3months, and marry my btitish citizen, they cant issue me spouse visa, what do i have to do if they cant, since i wil be applying from my home country ,not here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.