Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I'm British and my partner is Australian, we are not currently living in same country but our relationship started Nov 2012. We were looking into getting an intention to marry visa then apply for partner visa so that she is able to work and stay in UK, and we would at some point return to live in Australia together.

Do you need to have lived together for 2 years for it to be a genuine relationship?

Are there any other visa options where she could work? We are familiar with employer sponsorship but imagine it is unlikely this would be possible as she would be job seeking from Australia. I guess she could come on a student visa but tuition fees are expensive for international students.

It's really hard to know what to do, if anyone has any advice it'd be helpful to know about other people's experiences.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi.

I'm British and my partner is Australian, we are not currently living in same country but our relationship started Nov 2012. We were looking into getting an intention to marry visa then apply for partner visa so that she is able to work and stay in UK, and we would at some point return to live in Australia together.

Do you need to have lived together for 2 years for it to be a genuine relationship?

Are there any other visa options where she could work? We are familiar with employer sponsorship but imagine it is unlikely this would be possible as she would be job seeking from Australia. I guess she could come on a student visa but tuition fees are expensive for international students.

It's really hard to know what to do, if anyone has any advice it'd be helpful to know about other people's experiences.
It isn't a requirement for the spouse settlement visa, but is required for other visa types (unmarried partner, I believe). Other proof of relationship IS required though - record of visits, communication - phone records, email logs, IM logs, etc., photos, gift receipts, trips taken together.....any documentation that proves the duration and frequency of your time together. This would be for any partner visa, fiancee, spouse, partner, etc.

Read through other threads for examples of what different applicants have done and maybe a mod will give you advice as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Other options for Aussies include ancestry visa (with UK-born grandparent) and Tier 5 youth mobility scheme (30 and under who hasn't used up previous working holiday or YMS visa).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.