Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So we have finally come round to getting everything we needed for a spouse visa for my Green Card holding husband (originally from Colombia now living in the US) to come and live with me in England, where I am originally from.

I just wanted to post our list of support documents to see if there is anything we have missed out...

Wedding Certificate
Husband and wife's separate statements
Visa attempt rejection (this was from a visitor visa back in october time. It was made with good intentions as my husband has never been to the UK so we wanted to make sure he would like but it was rejected on the grounds that they did not think he would return, which hopefully we are resolving that problem with this visa)
birth certificate of husband
passport of husband
green card and national secruity number of husband
his GED diploma proving he was educated in America and therefore can speak fluent English
wife's birth certificate
wife's passport
photos of the two of us with skype logs, texts, phone calls etc
my mother's statement saying we can live at the house free of charge
Mother's mortgage statement
house inspection done by local council to prove it is big enough
Letter of employment from wife's employer
wife's wage slips
wife's bank statements
statement from husband's parents proving relationship from their point of view
husband's bank statements

There, I think that is everything. If there is anything I have missed out please tell me.

Also, I earn minimum wage but I do work full time. I don't pay rent and my only out goings really is what I spend on just general crap to be honest. Do you think it will be enough?

Thanks

:)

·
Registered
39,161 Posts
tiamaria16 said:
Hello,

So we have finally come round to getting everything we needed for a spouse visa for my Green Card holding husband (originally from Colombia now living in the US) to come and live with me in England, where I am originally from.

I just wanted to post our list of support documents to see if there is anything we have missed out...

Wedding Certificate
Husband and wife's separate statements
Visa attempt rejection (this was from a visitor visa back in october time. It was made with good intentions as my husband has never been to the UK so we wanted to make sure he would like but it was rejected on the grounds that they did not think he would return, which hopefully we are resolving that problem with this visa)
As you rightly realise, this will be a negative factor in the application and you need to be upfront about it. Put the details under travel history and attach a note explaining. In it you (your husband) should accept full responsibility, he was in the wrong (not to have sufficient evidence of ties back home etc) and that he is making this application to show commitment to settling in UK and start a new life together.

birth certificate of husband
passport of husband
green card and national secruity number of husband
his GED diploma proving he was educated in America and therefore can speak fluent English
wife's birth certificate
wife's passport
Not needed. Just make a black-and-white photocopy of bio pages and no certification necessary.

photos of the two of us with skype logs, texts, phone calls etc
my mother's statement saying we can live at the house free of charge
Mother's mortgage statement
house inspection done by local council to prove it is big enough
Letter of employment from wife's employer
wife's wage slips
wife's bank statements
statement from husband's parents proving relationship from their point of view
husband's bank statements

There, I think that is everything. If there is anything I have missed out please tell me.
Looks fine. Any savings? Enclose your husband's CV to show UK job prospect and enclose a sample job vacancy he may be qualified to go for with salary offered.

Also, I earn minimum wage but I do work full time. I don't pay rent and my only out goings really is what I spend on just general crap to be honest. Do you think it will be enough?
You'll need £105.95 cash per week after housing costs. Don't deduct any bills. This is minimum requirement so the more, the better.

Best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.