Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My wife and daughter apply for Family visa and we have not straight situation here. My wife has 2 children, daughter (12 y.o) from previous marriage and daughter (5 y.o) from our marriage. I'm a sponsor with ILR. Her ex-husband peremptorily rejected relocation of older daughter to the UK. So we decided that my wife will apply with the youngest and older will stay to live with her father in Russia.

Wife has divorce certificate from 2010 with court decision that daughter lives her (mother has preference by Russian law, if no objections from father's side). Also, since 12 by law, older can decide, at her own discretion, whom to live with, without court order.

Now we are in limbo, as during application process UKVI ask to provide full information about all children even if they aren't applying for settlement visa. Especially these points:

- who the child normally lives with
- any other people with parental responsibility for your child, for example your step children’s other parents
- how you’re involved in their day to day life
- arrangements you have to see the child - for example the courts have granted you access
- the child’s extended family

I need advice, what should be provided and where exactly. Cover letter/ application? Letter from ex, confirming that he will be held full financial responsibility? (not preferable option, as he's not cooperating).

Thank in advance

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hi all,

My wife and daughter apply for Family visa and we have not straight situation here. My wife has 2 children, daughter (12 y.o) from previous marriage and daughter (5 y.o) from our marriage. I'm a sponsor with ILR. Her ex-husband peremptorily rejected relocation of older daughter to the UK. So we decided that my wife will apply with the youngest and older will stay to live with her father in Russia.

Wife has divorce certificate from 2010 with court decision that daughter lives her (mother has preference by Russian law, if no objections from father's side). Also, since 12 by law, older can decide, at her own discretion, whom to live with, without court order.

Now we are in limbo, as during application process UKVI ask to provide full information about all children even if they aren't applying for settlement visa. Especially these points:

- who the child normally lives with
- any other people with parental responsibility for your child, for example your step children’s other parents
- how you’re involved in their day to day life
- arrangements you have to see the child - for example the courts have granted you access
- the child’s extended family

I need advice, what should be provided and where exactly. Cover letter/ application? Letter from ex, confirming that he will be held full financial responsibility? (not preferable option, as he's not cooperating).

Thank in advance
read but complicated,
have to read again

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, let me simplify.

Me and my wife have 2 dependent children (1 own, 1 from previous marriage). Child from previous marriage will stay overseas with her father (no permission from him to relocate to the UK). Which document UKVI expects to receive to have better view on reason why my wife applies only with 1 child while another child will stay in country of her current residence?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.