Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago the UK embassy in Buenos Aires informed me that when 12 weeks had passed I could lodge a complaint about the delay for my husband's UK spouse visa.
The embassy switchboard system has now changed and you can no longer speak to a human, a recorded message directs me to Worldbridge.
However I contacted Worldbridge by email last week and they replied that the consulate doesn't deal with visa enquiries but only provides start and end date notifications for applications.

So, what do I do next? How do I ask for an update?

Biometrics were taken in Bs As on 12 July
Rio UKBA received application on 19 July

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what the Buenos Aires embassy told me. They said I could lodge a complaint or enquiry (the spanish word was "reclamo") after 12 weeks.
So is the consensus that I have to wait ad infinitum?

G

·
I am not sure, regular board posters will know more but I thought you were given a rough timescale not a promise hence any complaint would just come back with "we have done nothing wrong according to out policy' unless it was extremely excessive.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
If it is similar to the visitors visa, whereby after a certain time you can enquire, not complain, about the status of your application, then I think after three months, which UKBA gives as the time in which 95% of spousal visas are processed, you can enquire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.