Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have applied for a spouse visa today where I am the main applicant with my 10 years old daughter as a child dependent.We were informed by a lady in Immigration in the UK that we would have to pay for two visas.While filling the Personal Details Form (VAF4A) I put all the required information in Part 5 about the child and that she will be traveling with me.After I was directed for the payment but it only showed one payment which was $1404 (£851) which I completed.
Now,we don't know whether we have to fill in another application for my daughter (I thought I'd done it in Part 5).If so,how will I do it?:confused:

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, she needs her own application and Part 5 is the pertinent part of the application for her.
Thank you Nyclon.But part 5 is a part of my application.What application do I need to fill now for her and when can I do it? Does it have to be immediately submitted after I submitted mine?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
It's the same application but Part 5 is the part that is relevant to her. Part 5 is to be filled out for applicants under 18.

You should submit your applications together because she will need to rely on the same supporting documents. If you submit her application separately there will be no supporting documents and it will be refused.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sorry Nyclon for not understanding this procedure.I have filled in part 5 of my application on behalf of her.So,should it be suffice? You said "your applications" but there is only one (mine).

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
No. She needs her OWN application. It just happens to be the same form. VA4FA is the application form you use for partners, spouse and dependent children. Each applicant must have their OWN application. You need to fill out one application for yourself and one application for her pay one fee for you and one fee for her.

Send both applications with Appendix 2 and all supporting documents together.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am sorry Nyclon for not understanding this procedure.I have filled in part 5 of my application on behalf of her.So,should it be suffice? You said "your applications" but there is only one (mine).
By the way the part 5 is on a paper version of Personal Details Form.The online form that I submitted is not the same.It only asked some information about the child such as name,date of birth,passport's details and will this child be traveling with me.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No. She needs her OWN application. It just happens to be the same form. VA4FA is the application form you use for partners, spouse and dependent children. Each applicant must have their OWN application. You need to fill out one application for yourself and one application for her pay one fee for you and one fee for her.

Send both applications with Appendix 2 and all supporting documents together.
I see now! Thank you Nyclon and sorry for being such a nonsense :eek:

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Joppa has indicated in this thread that one Appendix 2 will suffice along with the supporting documents:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/britain-expat-forum-expats-living-uk/264914-who-childs-sponsor.html
Thanks nyclon :)
Will have a proper look tonight when I have my laptop.
Would certainly make things easier to only do the one for all 3 applications. Especially in regards to some of the questions.
It's just a tad confusing as it stated after filling out the online forms for the kids to make sure the appendix 2 is also done.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a quick question .Will it be a problem when two applications have different dates of submission?I submitted and paid for my application yesterday( now it's dated by 18th October),but I was not able to complete my child's application due to the payment issue,so I need to complete it after the Visa4UK is back online in 48 hours.It's been offline since morning...
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
You just have to make sure that you get your biometrics done within 30 days of submitting (that would be 30 days from yesterday for yourself and 30 days for your child's) and get your documents in within 14 days of doing your biometrics.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
You just have to make sure that you get your biometrics done within 30 days of submitting (that would be 30 days from yesterday for yourself and 30 days for your child's) and get your documents in within 14 days of doing your biometrics.
Yes,I'll make sure of it!I have booked my appointment/biometrics for the 5th December and as soon as the website is back I am going to get the same for my child.
Thank you for answering my question!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.