Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you all so much for your help! Here is my document list for review/critique.

I am applying for a spouse, non priority from the US, category A - sponsor is in the UK for the last 6 months. I submitted the application online on July 8th. We have been together doing long distance since May 2011.

-Application
-Appendix 2
-Biometrics receipt (will get tomorrow)
-Passport
-Previous passport
-Passport photo
-Screenshot of intention to travel
-Healthcare surcharge payment receipt
-Return label and package
-Letter from my employer stating I am currently employed + 1 pay period payslip
-Introduction letter
-Sponsor letter
-Color copy of sponsor's passport details

FINANCIAL (from sponsor)
-6 months payslips (printed offline, but each one is signed by employer)
-p60 (printed offline and signed by employer)
-Letter stating P60 and payslips are authentic
-Letter from employer (including: start date of employment, title, monthly salary after taxes, time pay has been in effect, gross annual salary, permanent and contact info)
-Employment contract
-6 months bank statements (5 months official - received in the mail, 6th month was not available yet it's mailed on the 7th of each month - printed from the bank and stamped on all pages and showing most recent pay deposit)

ACCOMMODATION
-Letter from landlord/letting agent (including: I am able to move in if I get the visa, spouse is the sole occupant, flat is suitable for 2 people, how long spouse has been renting)
-tenancy agreement
-most recent council tax bill

RELATIONSHIP
-24 pictures (2 from the wedding)
-Marriage certificate
-Skype logs (10 pages total)
-Viber logs (2 pages)
-Flight confirmations of each time we visited

I only have one question for now, since we've been apart for 4.5 years, we have a lot of flights to see each other. I think I've got nearly 30 pages alone in flight confirmations. Is that too much or is it ok that I've sent proof of each visit?

Please let me know if you see any problems. I really appreciate all the help!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Very good. You've written down IHS reference number on the front of your application form? Your letters give reasons for long-distance relationship? Why you've decided to settle in UK?
As for your flight record, just include a list of flights you've taken, not complete eticket receipts.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not write the IHS reference number on the front of my application. I do not see a place for it, do I just write it at the top?

The sponsor letter details all of our trips, what we have in common and our plans for the future.

The introduction letter will include why we have done long distance for so long and why we would like to live in the UK as well as my perspective on what we have in common and our plans for the future.

Does my husband need to rewrite his letter or will mine be enough for describing all that?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, at the top of your form in large letters.
Yes, it helps if both letters convey the same message.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.