Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'd appreciate any feedback/recommendations for the list of documents we'll be submitting next week for our spouse visa application.

Applicant [US Citizen]

- 2 passport photos
- application form
- appendix 2 [filled out this weekend]
- letter of introduction
- passport
- biometrics letter stamped [appointment is this Friday]
- letter of current employment
- 1 payslip
- NHS Surcharge number [where should this be written? should receipt be enclosed?]

Sponsor [UK Citizen]

- scanned back pages of passport
- letter of sponsorship
- passport photo required?

Financial Requirement [Cat. A]

- 6 months payslips [verified]
- 6 months bank statements [stamped]
- letter of employment
- employment contract
- P60

Accommodation

- letter of permission from landlord allowing her to stay
- council report [on it's way!]
- utility bill
- online copy of land registry

Proof of Relationship

- 10-15 photos from last 3 1/2 years. inc wedding photos. will be stuck to A4 w/annotations.
- marriage certificate
- list of trips to see each other
- sample of itineraries [we've lost a few to email deletion etc so don't have them all]
- 12 pages of communication log per 6 months across facebook, email and facetime.

I think that's everything. If there is anything glaringly obvious that i'm missing, please let me know!

Also just a special thanks to all on here that provide their experiences, it's been of great use! I can't wait to get it all off in the post now.

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
Looks pretty good.

Write the IHS number across the top of the application.

You don't need a passport photo of the sponsor.

Are you renting or do you own? Your accommodation documents are confusing.

You should include a sample itinerary for when she'd like to travel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had seen a few people talk about writing the number at the top of the application, thanks for confirming.

Apologies for the confusion. I am renting and as i currently have a flatmate i had the council perform a property inspection. I'm waiting for the written confirmation that the place is fit for purpose. Is there anything else i might need to provide given that it's shared accommodation?

Does the sample itinerary have to match the date provided for planned travel on the online application?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
If you are renting you need the tenancy agreement, a council tax or other utility bill, letter of permission from the landlord and since you are sharing it's a good idea to have a property inspection. The land registry is unnecessary and would probably just cause confusion. It would be necessary if you own the property. The tenancy agreement proves that you have the right to live there. The land registry would prove that you have the right to live there if you owned.

You should try to provide a sample itinerary with the date you hope to travel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't currently have a "formal" tenancy agreement, will this be an issue?

The property inspection has been done, i'm just waiting for the written confirmation. I'll remove the land registry in that case, i don't want to confuse matters.

I'll get a sample itinerary for when my wife plans to travel.

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would a separate letter confirming the verbal agreement between myself and my landlord for the past 3 years and 8 months be sufficient? We have never had a formal written tenancy agreement, which until now hasn't been a problem...

Has anybody had any experience of this situation before?? It's put a bit of a spanner in the works right now!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm getting a letter from my landlord detailing our verbal agreement and he has also agreed to write a Statement of Tenancy Terms. Could anybody advise whether this will be sufficient?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's what i'm hoping. It's too late in the day attempt at getting a back-dated formal tenancy agreement, so i think this is be best approach. Verbal agreements seem to be problematic to prove, but i've lived in the same place since Nov 2011, and my bank statements show the rent payments alongside evidence from my landlord's letter and tenancy statement.

Thanks Joppa and nyclon for your responses. I'll have everything ready to post on Saturday, with application (all being well with the postal service) being made next week!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.