Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Been compiling my Spouse Visa Checklist and just wanted to check with everyone to see whether there are any glaringly obvious mistakes or a lack of information anywhere!

So a little info first of all, my wife is currently in China and we're looking to apply for a spouse visa early next year. We were rejected previously on the grounds of inadequate finance/immigration solicitors messing up. This time we will be applying under Cat A with a salary over the requirement held for 6 months. Upon arrival we will be staying with my parents with a view to moving out once she has settled.

So here's the list, please do let me know if I've missed anything!

Sponsor Information

• Sponsor’s Letter of Introduction/invitation letter.
• Copy of Passport Bio Page
• Copy of other pages e.g. flight stamps etc
• Forms – appendix 2 & family settlement application form
• Bank Statements for the period of 6 months
• 6 months worth of Payslips over the requirement
• P60 (states wages prior to pay rise)
• Land Registry documents
• Letter from parents verifying accommodation agreement
• Property report
• Tax Bill

• Employment Information
• Letter of Employment confirming employment - Stating Gross annual salary, length of employment, period over which current level of salary was paid, type of employment, stating employment is permanent
• Employment Contract
• Letter confirming wages, stating payslips and contracts are authentic – payslips are lacking in information
• Letter confirming wage change
• Letter confirming P60 and how my wages have since changed

Applicant Information
• Applicant’s Letter of Introduction
• TB Test certificate
• Passport and Hukou
• Two color passport-sized photos 45mm x 35mm
• Evidence of language requirement - Language requirement certificate
• No need to supply finance/employment details of wife right?

Evidence of relationship
• Original marriage certificate
• Wedding Photos
• Instant messenger chat logs - roughly 4/5 pages over the 3 year span
• Instant messenger webcam call logs - as above
• Phone call logs - can only access the logs from roughly June this year so might just include everything
• Photos from time spent together - roughly 20/25 photographs from various times

:D

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Looks good. No applicant's financial info required.
Printout of the proposed flight to UK when visa issued.
You do need to declare previous visa denial and take full responsibility for it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good. No applicant's financial info required.
Printout of the proposed flight to UK when visa issued.
You do need to declare previous visa denial and take full responsibility for it.
Thanks for the reply!

Regarding the proposed flight, I'm not even sure when this would be though?

I'm guessing there will be a section on the form for declaring the previous rejection but they won't need much detail/further information regarding this?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
They will look it up on their visa database, but you need to come clean, take responsibility for it and how, this time, you are determined to make a valid application meeting all the requirements (phrase it in your own way).
There is a question asking about proposed travel date, so you must put something.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They will look it up on their visa database, but you need to come clean, take responsibility for it and how, this time, you are determined to make a valid application meeting all the requirements (phrase it in your own way).
There is a question asking about proposed travel date, so you must put something.
Obviously it can't be helped, regardless of whose fault it is, I'll have to take responsibility for it, which is fine. I'm guessing this will be in the Letter of Introduction? Just want to know whether there will be a need for any extra information which relates to the previous application?

I suppose roughly 2 months from the date of application as a proposed travel date isn't too unreasonable?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wondering, is there an 'advised' format of any sort for presenting all the documentation? e.g. ring bound and in individual plastic sleeves?

If not, what do people think is the best option?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Usual way is to have two piles, one for originals and the other for copies, in exactly the same order. Put them in logical order, such as financials, accommodation and relationship, and tie them together with strings or ribbons. You can put a cover sheet for each section. Small documents that can fall out such as payslips can be clipped together, and valuables like passports can be placed inside a see-through Ziploc bag.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's probably blindingly obvious somewhere but... regarding the Appendix Two form and the Settlement application form. Are these filled in during the online application process or are they both to be printed out, filled in and included in the bundle?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Online form you print out when you make online application. You have access to it through your online ID so you can print out in your own time.
Appendix 2 must be downloaded, printed out and filled in by hand. Just keep extra copy of both for your personal reference.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Online form you print out when you make online application. You have access to it through your online ID so you can print out in your own time.
Appendix 2 must be downloaded, printed out and filled in by hand. Just keep extra copy of both for your personal reference.
Thanks! And it is ONLY those two forms to fill in for a spouse visa right? I'm really dreading missing some information here.

I've also got to say, you've been a great help Joppa, as has everyone here! Feel like I'll owe a few people a drink/dinner once the wife gets over here! :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe that there are local councils which provide a visa checking service for those applying from within the country... are there such services for those applying outside of the UK??

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reckon I'll give the local council a phone to see if they do anything similar! They'll probably say no but I guess it's worth a try!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Regarding proof of relationship, aside from what is already on the list, is there anything else that would help? e.g. receipts for presents, plane tickets etc?

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Trip tickets are good to include. Receipts for gifts are unnecessary. They are more concerned that you have met, see each other and keep in touch than whether or not you give each other gifts.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Regarding the letters that are needed from my employer, should they provide a separate letter for each issue that needs to be addressed? e.g. one letter to confirm employment/wages, one letter to confirm payslips and amounts shown as authentic and the same with the P60?

Just a reminder, the payslips and P60 are not on company headed paper.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.