Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have supplied my spouse visa checklist below, please let me know if I'm missing anything important.

Applicants Stuff:
• Copy of passport
• Marriage Certificate
• Translated Marriage Certificate
• TB Test Certificate
• IELTS Test Certificate
• Passport Sized Photo
Sponsors Stuff:
• Cover Letter
• Copy of passport (All pages)
• Appendix VAF4A
• Online Application form (is this signed by applicant or sponsor?)
Genuine and Subsisting relationship:
• WhatsApp Calls and Messages Screenshots
• Flight Tickets
• Copy of passport pages confirming travel (Should they be certified?)
• Photographs
Accommodation:
• Letter from Parents
• Inspection report
• Mortgage Letter
• Council Tax Bill
Financial:
• 7 Pay Slips (March – Sep) & P60
• 7 Months Bank Statement (March – Sep)
• Letter of employment
• Academic Maintenance Grant Letter

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It looks good, remember to include your original passport, any old passports you may have had in the past, if available.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi,
I have supplied my spouse visa checklist below, please let me know if I'm missing anything important.

Applicants Stuff:
• Copy of passport - For applicant it has to be their original passport (old and new)
• Marriage Certificate
• TB Test Certificate
• IELTS Test Certificate
• Passport Sized Photo
- applicant cover letter ?
Sponsors Stuff:
• Cover Letter
• Copy of passport (All pages) - I heard only the photo part
• Appendix VAF4A - appendix 2 is different/ VAF4A is the visa application form
• Online Application form (is this signed by applicant or sponsor?) - by applicant
• Flight Tickets
• Copy of passport pages confirming travel (Should they be certified?) - no
• Photographs
Accommodation:
• Letter from Parents
• Inspection report
• Mortgage Letter
• Council Tax Bill
Financial:
• 7 Pay Slips (March – Sep) & P60 - why 7 months? Only 6 months is needed
• 7 Months Bank Statement (March – Sep) - again why 7 months? 6 months is ok
• Letter of employment - do you mean employment confirmation or work contract ?
• Academic Maintenance Grant Letter - what's this?

Thanks in advance.

Applicants Stuff:
• Copy of passport - For applicant it has to be their original passport (old and new)
• Marriage Certificate
• TB Test Certificate
• IELTS Test Certificate
• Passport Sized Photo
Sponsors Stuff:
• Cover Letter
• Appendix VAF4A - appendix 2 is different/ VAF4A is the visa application form
• Online Application form (is this signed by applicant or sponsor?) - by applicant
• Flight Tickets
• Copy of passport pages confirming travel (Should they be certified?) - no
• Photographs
Accommodation:
• Letter from Parents
• Inspection report
• Mortgage Letter
• Council Tax Bill
Financial:
• 7 Months Bank Statement (March – Sep) - again why 7 months? 6 months is ok
• Letter of employment - do you mean employment confirmation or work contract ?
• Academic Maintenance Grant Letter - what's this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Applicants Stuff:
• Copy of passport - For applicant it has to be their original passport (old and new) (I'm sending copies of the applicants passport to Sheffield, but the original will be submitted with biometrics in Pakistan)
• Marriage Certificate
• TB Test Certificate
• IELTS Test Certificate
• Passport Sized Photo
Sponsors Stuff:
• Cover Letter
• Appendix 2 - appendix 2 is different/ VAF4A is the visa application form (Thanks ammended :))
• Online Application form (is this signed by applicant or sponsor?) - by applicant (Really? I'm applying for my wife online here in the UK, but she will need to sign the final form?)
• Flight Tickets
• Copy of passport pages confirming travel (Should they be certified?) - no (Thanks)
• Photographs
Accommodation:
• Letter from Parents
• Inspection report
• Mortgage Letter
• Council Tax Bill
Financial:
• 7 Months Bank Statement (March – Sep) - again why 7 months? 6 months is ok (Supplied 7 of both because paid 4 weekly)
• Letter of employment - do you mean employment confirmation or work contract ? (Yes employment conformation)
• Academic Maintenance Grant Letter - what's this? (I'm applying with a combination of Cat A Non-salaried employment + Cat C Academic Maintenance Grant)

Added my replies in brackets, Please can you reply in regards to the signature. Quite concerned as it would be difficult to get the signed document to me in time before submission.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's a minor point but you need 2 passport photo's for the applicant and you also need one for the sponsor.
Passport size photo for sponsor?? I didnt read this anywhere for Spouse Visa. why would they need a passport photo of the sponsor. I thought they only needed photo copy of the sponsors passport !!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Passport size photo for sponsor?? I didnt read this anywhere for Spouse Visa. why would they need a passport photo of the sponsor. I thought they only needed photo copy of the sponsors passport !!
You could be right but my lawyer advised it. Passport copy - yes of course

·
Registered
80 Posts
You could be right but my lawyer advised it. Passport copy - yes of course
Well i will soon find out lol received email today ECO officer has our Visa Application!! Its so stressful knowing if you have sent everything. This has been 1yr of researching and reading and asking questions its out of my hands now which is exciting and scary lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well i will soon find out lol received email today ECO officer has our Visa Application!! Its so stressful knowing if you have sent everything. This has been 1yr of researching and reading and asking questions its out of my hands now which is exciting and scary lol
Sorry for the late reply....welll you sent it so good luck! Has she had her biometric? If not then before she goes she will need to sign the application form as it's her application. And your quite right I haven't heard of applicant sending their photographs.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry for the late reply....welll you sent it so good luck! Has she had her biometric? If not then before she goes she will need to sign the application form as it's her application. And your quite right I haven't heard of applicant sending their photographs.
Sponsor passport photo I meant*

·
Registered
228 Posts

I know the feeling. Ours will go in during the first week of December. All the best

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It looks good, remember to include your original passport, any old passports you may have had in the past, if available.
My original passport? I thought a copy of all pages would suffice. I was originally planning on sending my passport to Sheffield but was told that a simple copy of the bio page would do. I'm sending a copy of all pages just to confirm travel to my wife. And old passports? Never heard of that but would love to know if anyone else has supplied this?

·
Registered
228 Posts
My original passport? I thought a copy of all pages would suffice. I was originally planning on sending my passport to Sheffield but was told that a simple copy of the bio page would do. I'm sending a copy of all pages just to confirm travel to my wife. And old passports? Never heard of that but would love to know if anyone else has supplied this?
The original passports applies to the applicant, not the sponsor. The applicant should also send previous passports. Main requirements are here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The original passports applies to the applicant, not the sponsor. The applicant should also send previous passports. Main requirements are here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf
Ah ok thanks! Yeah of course the applicants passport will be submitted at the VAC with biometrics, just wondering about my passport and whether I should send in the passport, a certified copy or just normal photocopies. The consensus seems to show that a normal photocopy will do. Thanks again seanmcint!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ah ok thanks! Yeah of course the applicants passport will be submitted at the VAC with biometrics, just wondering about my passport and whether I should send in the passport, a certified copy or just normal photocopies. The consensus seems to show that a normal photocopy will do. Thanks again seanmcint!
If it is a British passport, I believe that certification is not required.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes his biometrics all done! I'm British (wife), husband american and we live together in usa with our 2 kids and all moving together hopefully. So he had his biometrics appointment within a few days of us sending the online application form in. We sent everything all together from usa to sheffield on the 1st sept using VSF global priority and UPS. But had a hiccup and UPS lost the package ..it was crazy for a week but they found it and today we received the email saying ECO officer has it!! Just waiting now and i hear time frames are longer at the moment!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.