Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
​I am applying with VAF(AF) and Appendix Armed Forces Category A, which is almost identical to VAF4A and Appendix 2 Category A, just with some additional details about service. This application is not available through the online service, and the Army Families Federation has recommended people do VAF4A online, then submit VAF(AF) and Appendix Armed Forces in addition. I am applying as a US citizen. Will be sending in my online application on Wednesday after I receive a few documents from my husband.

Application:
  • VAF4A printed after online submission
  • VAF(AF)
  • Appendix Armed Forces
  • IHS Confirmation
  • Biometrics Confirmation
  • Return envelope with return receipt

Applicant Info:
  • UK sized passport photo
  • Letter of Introduction
  • Current and old passports

Sponsor Info:
  • Copy of passport biometrics page and pages with entry stamps
  • Letter of Sponsorship
  • Evidence of service
  • Evidence of name change (even though nothing we're sending in has his old name on it, VAF(AF) asks for previous names of sponsor and we figured we should include this since he did legally change his name)

Financial:
  • 6 months of original, official bank statements
  • 6 months of payslips (we are including 3 originals and 3 printed; we figured we should provide the originals when available but due to a deployment we don't have original payslips for 3 months)
  • Letter from superior officer confirming employment, income, payslips are legitimate, service details, and accommodation
  • Last year's P60 with note explaining it does not cover the financial period we are submitting, but still meets the requirements

Accommodation:
  • Letter from superior confirming our address and supplied accommodation
  • 3 months payslips (the most recent of the 6 we are submitting) showing married quarter accommodation costs being taken out
  • Emails from MOD confirming our application for housing

Relationship:
  • Original marriage certificate
  • Certified copy of marriage certificate
  • 15 4x6 photos from 5 years ago through our wedding with date and location written on the back
  • 5 years screenshots from Whatsapp, Facebook, Skype, Couple, and Whatsapp (9 pages, each screenshot being about 6 months apart)
  • Itineraries and boarding passes from last 5 years to visit each other

Any input is much appreciated. We've had a bit of a hard time finding advice specifically for HM Forces, but the applications and therefore evidence are very similar to a regular spouse visa.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
It's mainly ok. You don't need 2014-15 P60 and enclose only the certified copy of marriage certificate.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the fast reply. As far as the marriage certificate goes, I'm curious why you say to only submit the certified copy? It seems like that would be an important one to send an original of, but I certainly wouldn't mind not sending it since my state has an absolutely massive one and the certified copy is letter-sized!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.