Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spouse visa checklist for review please - appt this Wednesday!

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  shayonislynn 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I have my appointment this Wednesday for the second round of FLR(m). I'm applying on my own finances only on Cat A. Here's my checklist so far - please let me know if I'm missing anything!

- FLR(m) form 4/2015
- IHS number confirmation email
- Premium appointment booking and payment confirmation

- No cover letter (As advised on this forum)

Accommodation
- Mortgage documents (payment setup from Halifax, purchase completion confirmation from solicitors), Halifax property survey
- Official copy of land registry
- Council tax bill

Financial
- Original contract (fixed term) + update letter confirming permanent contract
- 6 Payslips (stamped and signed by my director)
- Letter from my director on letter-headed paper - stamped and signed
- 6 months bank statements - printed and stamped in branch
- P60 - all our payslips/P60 are online - do I need to stamp and sign it as well?

Relationship
- Marriage certificate
- 10 Photos (Still to print tomorrow)

Correspondence timeline
Joint
  • Council tax - April 2013
  • Council tax - July 2013
  • Bank statement - November 2013
  • Council tax - March 2014
  • Bank statement - July 2014
  • Voter registration confirmation 2014 (no send date) - both names included
  • Bank statement - November 2014
  • Bank statement - February 2015
  • Letter from Swalec - May 2015

Applicant
  • Letter from EDF - May 2014
  • Letter from T-Mobile - November 2014

Sponsor
  • Bank statement - June 2014
  • Letter from HMRC - October 2014

Question: Some of my bank statements are hole punched, will this cause any problem?

English Language
- Academic degree certificate from UK university

Identification
Applicant
  • 2 passport photos with name on back
  • Deed poll (name change following marriage)
  • Current passport
  • 2x cancelled & expired passports
  • BRP

Sponsor
  • 1 passport photo (with name on back)
  • Deed poll
  • Current passport
  • 2x cancelled & expired passports

Question regarding my bank statements: I printed 12 months' worth (to be on the safe side) in branch, so now even though I have to demonstrate 6 months worth the last page of my bank statements goes up to 31 Dec (instead of 22 Jan) - will this be a problem?

To confirm: I have only completed my pay information on question 7.3A (As I am only applying on the basis of my income which is over £25K so seemed unnecessary to include my husband's pay information - also over £25K)

I will also be carrying the following to be safe:
- My husband (Sponsor) payslips + letter from employer
- My husband's birth certificate

Also, and finally, I still can't find the BRP reference number on my card (Despite looking through threads on here) so any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks so much in advance everyone - all your advice means a lot!

See less See more
#3 ·
Don't worry too much. it all looks good. Good luck for tomo!!
MY only few pts. would be :
- have your employers letter mentioned - your start date, and current salary?
- No need for photos.
- Hole bunches will not be a problem.
- and too many banks statements should notbe a real problem. Mite just be confusing for the review officer initially.
- Yup, fine for u to mentioned only your finances.
- Sorry I cant help on the BRP bit. I didn't have to do it.

Again, Good Luck!!

#4 ·
If the P60 isn't original it should be verified as authentic. You don't need the birth certificate as his passport proves age and identity. Nor do you need his pay slips if you meet the requirement on your own and only your information is necessary.

Hole punching isn't ideal but there is nothing you can do about it now.

I don't understand your bank statement question but you need the 6 most recent for the financial requirement so a statement dated December 31 would be unnecessary.

Other than that it looks fine.

Look at the BRP sticky at the top of the page. The 2nd link has an explanation including what the meaning of every element of the BRP means with a picture.

#5 ·
Thanks guys! You won't believe it (Well you probably will) but I've just been checking all my documents and I realise (having taken photocopies at 7pm today) that they've only printed one side from double sided original which means I'm missing all my even number pages!!! How bad is this? Will UKBA overlook this or am I doomed?

#6 ·
I realise this is a stressful process but please don't post your topic more than once. There is a sticky at the top of the page which specifically asks that topics only be posted once.

Do you mean that you have an incomplete set of copies of your originals? Members have indicated that submitting a set of copies seems to make things easier. If your set of copies is incomplete there is probably no point in submitting them and they will probably make their own copies if necessary.

#7 ·
I really truly apologise Nyclon, wouldn't if I wasn't absolutely panicking and now that you have replied feel a bit relieved! Please delete my threads as you see fit.

My originals are bang on in order - all complete. My document copies are fine as well. My application copies are incomplete.

If it may cause a detriment to my application I can make a trip to my office at 5am, what would your advice be?

#9 ·
Thanks Nyclon - one last query and I'll be out of your hair!!
I have also just realised that I have used all my small envelopes (And written on them) and have none left for my photographs - I am honestly gobsmacked at how this is as I've literally been on it the past few weeks!!

I do have a small envelope that is a freepost return envelope for UNISON - can I use that instead to store my photographs?

Thank you ever so much and sorry for so many questions!

#14 ·
Hi guys, chuffed to bits to report appointment went swimmingly! We attended at the Cardiff PSC (which I highly recommend btw) were the first appointment of the day so we were done in under 90 minutes! thank you all, especially Nyclon, you guys are fab! :)

Now on to settlement - hope it's easier than this! Anyone know if you can apply for citizenship right after or not? X

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.