Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone:

My husband and I will be applying at the end of August for our spouse visa for me to relocate to the UK - CANT WAIT! We have come up with our checklist of what we feel we should include for our supporting documents and would appreciate any help of things we might be missing and/or should not be including.

A. Applicant Information (Me)
-Letter of Introduction
-Passports (old & new)
-Birth Certificate (original)
-2 Passport Photos (name written on back of each)
-VA4FA Filled out
-Appendix 2 Filled out
-Biometric Information
-Proposed Flight Itinerary for travel to the UK
-Receipt of NHS Pymt, Visa Pymt and Priority Service Pymt

B. Sponsor Information (Husband)
-Sponsorship Letter
-Copy of Passport Bio Page
-Letter from his parent's confirming legitimacy of our relationship

C. Financial Requirement (Category B)
-12 Months of Payslips (job #1) (signed by employer)
-1 Month of Payslips (job#2) (signed by employer)
-12 Months of Bank Statements showing direct deposits
-Letter of Employment - Including contract, length of employment, salary, overtime, etc.
-Spreadsheet showing the math worked out to come to the required amount

D. Accommodation
-Letter from his parent's for permission to live in their home
-Land Registry Doc
-Council Tax or Recent Utility Bill
-Property Inspection Report

F. Relationship Proof
-Marriage Certificate (Original and Photocopy)
-Photos (10-15 including pictures of the wedding)
-Letter from my parent's - Legitimacy of relationship
-Skype Call Logs (1-2 pages for every 6 months)
-Printouts of previous flights to visit each other

-Return Waybill Envelope

This is everything we have so far. I feel this is a pretty solid list, but wanting some other's opinions just to make sure we are on the right track! Any feedback is much appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
-Birth certificate is unnecessary
-Make sure IHS number is written on the front of your printed VAF4A form
-Make sure priority receipt is the first item in the pile
-Letters from parents confirming your relationship are meaningless and should not be included
-You don't need a spreadsheet, the ECO will ignore this and do the math themselves
-Remember to include photocopies of important documents such as bank statements and payslips

Other than that I think it looks ok. Will let others weigh in :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-I knew about the IHS number on top of the VA4FA form.
-So I don't need to send my birth certificate either then?
-I will be sure to put the priority receipt right on top so it's easily seen.
-I was advised previously to add in a spreadsheet because of overtime that is included in the total amount going towards the last 12 months of income. So figured we would include that. But if we shouldnt, we wont.
-And we will include photocopies of just about everything on that list without a problem. We should make 2 copies of every thing right? One set of originals all in one pile, tied with a string. And one full set of copies, in the same order, also tied with string. And one full set for us to keep. Correct?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
If you have overtime pay calculated separately, and your pay slips aren't straightforward then maybe it does make sense to send a spreadsheet for how you've calculated the income requirement... I'm not sure about this one actually.

No you don't need to send in your birth certificate, your passports are fine

Include photocopies of any original important documents you need sent back to you; I don't personally think it's necessary for things like Skype logs or eTicket printouts (just adds weight to the package)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well in a previous post, I believe Joppa stated to just include a simple, laid out spreadsheet showing how we came up with the required amount he needed to make over the last 12 months. Even if they ignore it, at least we can say we were better safe than sorry.

I will leave out my birth certificate since it's not a required thing to send. No issues with that at all.

As for the photocopies, we can just make those of the important things like financial docs, accommodation docs, etc.

Quick question about the biometric information...what exactly is it that needs to be sent out with the supporting documents? Is it just the receipt I get from booking the appointment? Or will I get something once I go in to get the biometrics done that I will need to include? I was a little fuzzy on that part.

So other than those few little things, this list is looking like everything we will need? I was worried I was missing something important. But I believe we have a good checklist going at this point for everything we need.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Quick question about the biometric information...what exactly is it that needs to be sent out with the supporting documents?
After you complete the online application and book an appointment, you print the appointment details from the online application under "print appointment details" and bring it with you to the appointment. They'll stamp/sign it there. Once it's stamped and signed, then it's ready to include with your supporting documents.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, that makes sense. Thank you so much for the info! This has been super helpful.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I agree it's a good idea to enclose a simple computation of how you've worked out your annual income, with reference to your supporting documents. ECO will work it out for themselves (they have a computer program to do it with), but it may help to have your version of it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, Nyclon and Joppa.

I will have him enclose a simple spreadsheet of all the payslips just showing how we've calculated the income. Even if they ignore it, I feel better knowing we included it.

And we will make a complete stack of identical documents to send it along with our original stack and make one for ourselves to keep also.

Other than that, the list is alright?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are applying under category B because his pay has fluctuated over the last 12 months between getting a raise and working overtime to meet part 1 of the requirement. The 2nd job is to add to his annual salary for the second part of category B. He is only short by £240, so he is getting a second job to make up for the shortfall in the upcoming year. That's why we will be including another letter of employment as well as a payslip from the second job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.