Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is Neil and I am a UK born national living in London. I married my Kenyan girlfriend on 4 April 2015 in Tanzania. We have been in a relationship for 3 years and have visited each other every 4 months since mid 2012 (hers supported by a UK visitor visa in 2013). We've skyped twice a week since mid 2012 and sent c.1000 e-mails.

I would be very grateful for someone to have a look and advise me on my wife's checklist and let me know if anything is missing/unnecessary/general tips that I can cover off before her appointment.

Applicant Information
- Printed application
- Completed Appendix form (VAF4A, App 2) – going route 3A for financial requirements, as I can prove I earn over the minimum earnings threshold required.
-TB report (done in March)
-Letter of introduction
-Passport (both old & current)
-Two color passport-sized photos – name written on the back
-Biometrics Confirmation
-Proposed flight itinerary to settle in England

Sponsor Information
-Letter of introduction
-Colour photocopy of current passport bio page

Accomodation

-Title register confirming my joint ownership of the property with my friend
- Signed bank letter confirming mortgage held my myself and friend
-Letter from my friend consenting to myself and my wife residing at the property at the same time as him
-Immigration property inspection report
-Council tax bill

Financial Information (applying category A, satisfy financial requirement):
- Bank statement data for the last 7 months (originals)
- Printouts of electronic payslips for last 6 months from employer
- Letter of Employment -Stating Gross annual salary, length of employment, current salary, Job title and employment is permanent in nature (on employer’s stationary), also confirms authenticity of payslips.

Applicant-Sponsor Relationship
-Marriage certificate
-Wedding and other relationship photos with family members (15)
- Printed copies of flight e-tickets for 5 visits to Kenya by sponsor, 2 visits to UK by applicant - 6 pages
-Skype Video-Call screen shots - have picked 5 calls, every 2 months apart for the last year. 8 pages
-Screenshots of my hotmail account showing c.600 e-mails between the two of us (date, subject, not content) - 8 pages

Language

- My wife's original degree certificate from South African University confirming name, date and title of award.
- Original statement of comparability from NARIC confirming comparability to UK BA (Hons) level and English language level C1.
- Letter from South African university stating her degree medium of instruction was in English.

What I'm not including (as I understand not necessary)
Sponsorship undertaking SU07
Notarized copy of passport bio pages

Appointment

The appointment is at a teleperformance (private operator) centre in Nairobi. We understand that my wife will submit the above documents and also have biometrics taken. Is there anything else we should expect?? I recently read about staff at an unidentified centre giving a woman a checklist of documents submitted and saying she didn't need to complete it except that to state she had submitted her passport.

Thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
For Category A you need 6 pay slips and the 6 corresponding bank statements showing those pay slips being deposited. Why are you including 7 bank statements? It could just cause confusion.

You need 1-2 log pages only across your forms of communication for every 6 months or so that you have been apart not to exceed 10-15 pages. 600 emails is ridiculous.

P60 should be included as should your contract if you have one.

Other than that it looks fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Contract and P60 were included and NHS surcharge paid.

This point about log pages of e-mails. I may be misunderstanding the point here. What I have included is 8 pages of info which are screenshots of my hotmail account listing my e-mails to my wife in date order and only states the recipient, date and e-mail subject. It does not include the content. That is what I understand by a log page. Between this and the skype conversations I currently have 16 pages.

If I've missed the point here and people actually mean an e-mail transcript (of which I can select a few, c.6 months apart), please reply to confirm this.

Thanks for the replies to date, I'm really not trying to be difficult with the above question.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
You don't need content. Just log pages. 10-15 max. But if you've got 8 pages with 600 emails that is 75 entries/page and must be unreadable as well as overkill. My email log page has about 25 entries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.