Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am applying for a spouse visa to join my British born wife under category A. Below is what I plan on sending. Can you guys take a look at my checklist and let me know how it looks?

I've also seen people talking about copies for certain documents, but I'm not sure which items I should send duplicates of.

Thank you!

General
Table of Contents

Financial
Letter from employer confirming details (Original)
Letter from employer to verify payslips (Original)
6 months’ payslips (Stamped/Signed)
6 months bank statements (Official)
P60 (original)
Appendix 2 (Original)

Accomodation - 1 Bedroom Flat - Not Shared
Tenancy agreement (Original)
Letter from owner agreeing to let applicant stay (Original)
Council tax bill 2017/2018 (Original)
Utility bills - electric, water, phone+internet (Printed)

Relationship Evidence
US Marriage Certificate (Original)
Photos 2005 -2017 - Dated/Annotated x15
Cards - Christmas/Birthday (Original)
Facebook Posts 2006-2017 (Printed)
Previous Lease Agreement (Original)
Flight and hotel bookings (printed)
Email Listing Screenshots 2005-2017 (printed)
WhatsApp Conversations 2016/2017 (snippets )
Text Messages 2016 (snippets)
Joint Credit Card/Bank Statement Sample (printed)
US Tax Return First Page - 2011-2016 (Printed)
Wedding Invitation (Original)
Letter from hotel thanking us for wedding (Original)
Vehicle Purchase Agreement 2014 (Original)
USCIS Fiance Petition (Original)
Excise Tax Bill 2014 - (Original)
Car Loan Statement 2016 (Original)

Applicant's Documents
Cover Letter (Original)
Visa4UK Application (Printed)
Payment Receipts (Visa/IHS/Biometrics/Priority)
Current Passport (Original)
Previous Passport (Original)
Passport Photo x2 (Original)
UK work authorization paperwork 2006/2008 (Original)
National insurance card (copy)
Letter explaining UK work program - it was not actually a visa (printed email)
Biometrics (not sure if they give me this)

Sponsor's Documents
Cover Letter (Original)
Sponsor form - SU07/12 (Original)
Passport - Bio Page (Copy)
Name Change Certificate (Original)

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I don't think it's worth sending in printed (non-original) utility bills for proof of accommodation. The council tax statement should be enough with the tenancy agreement and landlord permission letter.

You're sending in a massive amount of relationship evidence, it sounds as though you have lived together and you should include proof of any previous cohabitation, but things like a letter from a hotel aren't really useful. You're already married, there's no reason to send in a wedding invitation. I would argue that you only need to send in VERY minimal evidence of communication, and then, ONLY from periods you were living apart.

SU07 is for adult dependant relatives (i.e. elderly/disabled parents). It's not applicable to spouses, especially from the USA.

I don't think it's necessary to send in your UK work authorisation documents or NI card copy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it's worth sending in printed (non-original) utility bills for proof of accommodation. The council tax statement should be enough with the tenancy agreement and landlord permission letter.

You're sending in a massive amount of relationship evidence, it sounds as though you have lived together and you should include proof of any previous cohabitation, but things like a letter from a hotel aren't really useful. You're already married, there's no reason to send in a wedding invitation. I would argue that you only need to send in VERY minimal evidence of communication, and then, ONLY from periods you were living apart.

SU07 is for adult dependant relatives (i.e. elderly/disabled parents). It's not applicable to spouses, especially from the USA.

I don't think it's necessary to send in your UK work authorisation documents or NI card copy.

Thanks Octopus. I think you are right and I can cut back on the relationship evidence. I am just trying to give as much information as possible because it's so important that everything goes correctly.

The reason I had my wife fill out the SU07 is because I saw some posts in previous forum discussions that although it wasn't required, occasionally an immigration officer requests it from the applicant as further evidence.

As for the Work Authorization and NI card... I'm worried that if I don't send that information it may raise further questions. I believe it's a fairly unique circumstance that I have previous worked in the UK (lawfully) and received a NI but never had an actual visa. I also have unique stamps in my passport as a result, and the documentation serves as further information regarding those stamps. What do you think?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
SU07 not required by the immigration officer (ECO), but some agencies from the Indian subcontinent won't send a spouse visa application without it. Definitely not applicable to Americans though

I mean it doesn't hurt you to send in the NI card or work authorisation, if that's something you think would help your application then there's no harm in doing so. I believe the online application asks if you've ever had a NINo, so I think they'll figure it out anyway

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.