Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently joined the forum (though have been reading a lot posts prior to joining). My background is as follows – I am an Indian citizen, currently residing in Kuwait (for the past 15 years). My wife is a British citizen and we got married Nov 2001 in India. Since Jan 2002, my wife has been living with me in Kuwait. We have 2 children, both are British citizens, now aged 13 and 11. We are considering moving back to the UK and I am hoping to apply through the Spouse visa route.

I am looking forward to this forum’s support with regards to my application and I will start off with a query for the Financial requirement.

We are going to choose the option of cash savings only (Cat D). I am relying on savings in 3 bank accounts (1 current account in UK and 2 savings accounts in Kuwait) to arrive at GBP 62,500. All these 3 accounts have money deposited and withdrawn within the 6 month period. Can I rely on the minimum balance within the 6 month period as the UNTOUCHED AMOUNT.

For eg. If I have a bank statement for a six month period. Opening balance at start of 6 month period was 12,500. The closing balance at the end of six months was 17,500. There have been deposits and withdrawals in the account thru the 6 month period, however the lowest minimum balance during this period was 11,000.

So can I rely on 11,000 as the UNTOUCHED AMOUNT and use this as the qualifying amount towards the 62,500?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dear forum members,
Please help me with the above query ... especially Joppa, nyclon and other experienced forum members.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
No response received yet. Please help !
I would have thought that using the minimum balance along with the minimum balances on the other two accounts over the past six months would be OK as long as combined they meet the requirement. But I leave it for the moderators to confirm. Don't forget to submit original bank statements for each account!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would have thought that using the minimum balance along with the minimum balances on the other two accounts over the past six months would be OK as long as combined they meet the requirement. But I leave it for the moderators to confirm. Don't forget to submit original bank statements for each account!
Thank you Whatshouldwedo ? Yes I will be using the minimum balances of all 3 accounts which would get me to 62,500 and submitting bank statements for all 3 accounts .

Still hopeful of getting a confirmation from the moderators too...

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
You are really over thinking this. The requirement is that you have a minimum of £62,500 held untouched for 6 months. If the the total of the lowest balances of each account over the last 6 months equals £62,500 and the current balance is at least £62,500 then you meet the requirement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
cash saving

Hi,
I am a South African married to a British citizen. We relied on the £62 500 cash savings for my visa to join him in the UK. On application date we had more than that. We have submitted the application on the 12th June 2015 and went for the Biometrics on the 25th of June 2015. What will happen if we drop into the savings while the decision is in the process of being made?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are really over thinking this. The requirement is that you have a minimum of £62,500 held untouched for 6 months. If the the total of the lowest balances of each account over the last 6 months equals £62,500 and the current balance is at least £62,500 then you meet the requirement.
Thanks Nyclon... Really appreciated.

One more thing that comes to mind... my spouse's UK account has a UK address (she has retained this for proof of UK address) and the 2 Kuwait savings account have our Kuwait address. will that be a problem ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.