Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Husband is currently in the uk and in the british army we are applying for the uk spousal visa next month ... how many months of pay slips and bank statements do you need.Also with my Husband introduction letter what would be some good things to include in his letter representing how he is my sponsor and how he invites me to come to the uk and live with him. Also i am from America and for my English language requirement what could i include in my documents would my birth certificate work since I am born in America or what could i include ? please help
thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
i would recommend submitting 12 months payslips and 12 months bank statements. if you look on the UKBA website it will state exactly how many months they require. i would say the fact that you are married is proof enough that he is your sponsor. ensure he includes a letter from his commanding officer of his unit confirming the dates he signed up to the army and his termination date from the army also confirming his annual salary, monthly salary, rank and service number, also include contact details of his commanding officer. i am in the royal navy and i am going through the same process trying to bring my wife to live in the UK..

i dont believe you need any english language requirement as you are from the US which is a native english speaking country. you have to submit your US passport and birth certificate anyway so they will see you speak english anyway.

hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.