Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I have a question regarding bank closing balance when submitting spouse visa. Is there an ideal closing balance of the sponser?

E.g mine at the time of application will be around 35k- this is accumulated over the years-5 years ( previous employments) I do take regular money out but I don't pay bills or rent as I'm currently living with my parents free of charge.

I was thinking at one point to apply under the saving route but as I'm in two jobs in which I earn an annual total of 21000 gross, I feel it might be better to just apply cat A as I can show I'm earning 18600. Do you think this is a correct way of thinking?

Do you think that this will be ok? Because 35k does seem like a large amount do I have to justify it in my application. Will this in any way make any difference to my application.

It would be great to see what you guys think and I hope someone can answer my questions. Thanks in advance

Layla x

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
The bank balance isn't considered unless you're relying on cash savings to meet the financial requirement.

When you apply under Category A or Category B, the purpose of providing bank statements is merely to correlate your payslip deposits to a bank account in your name. It doesn't matter if your balance is particularly low or high. 35k isn't an abnormal balance one way or another.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.