Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm just finnishing my spouse visa application. My wife is here in a Fiance visa and tomorrow we'll send the application for a spouse visa.

I'm sending the same documents from her previous fiance visa. The thing is: my bank statments of this year havent's arrived yet and the bank refused to stamp the copies (they don't do this anymore).

Also I just noticed that I don't have the original mortagage statement. I sent the original in the fiance visa application so I think they returned to me the copy, not the original.

So what I'll do is sending the copies I've got, explain the situation in a cover letter and as soon as the originals arrive, I'll post to the home office.

Do you think it might work of they'll refuse my application even if I send some originals documents later?

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
They're definitely going to refuse your application. You can't add documents at a later time, and they all must be originals.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
You only get your bank statements once a year? Can't you ask them to send you duplicates?

You don't necessarily need the mortgage statement. A land registry document which you can obtain for £3 online is acceptable along with a council tax or other bill.

As AmyD indicated, you can't send documents after you have submitted your application unless they request them which they may or may not do. They are not obliged to ask you for missing documents.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
I could certainly be wrong, but it sounds as though the OP has not sent in any documents yet, is simply in the process of gathering... I agree it sounds like the unstamped bank statements are going to present a bigger problem than not having an original mortgage contract

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys,

My bank statments just arrived! so I'll send the originals. I've got copies of some of my payslips (few copies, few originals) and my boss signed all the payslips and also wrote a letter saying that they are all genuine. Is that ok?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.