Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a couple of quick questions in regards to the spouse visa application forms.

1. I previously worked abroad in Chile and have since returned to the UK and have been working for four months. In appendix APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A), section 3.4 I have filled in my current job details. Question 3.13 asks if I have had other employment in the UK in the last 12 months, which I haven’t. However, there isn’t a space for other employment outside the UK until section 3B. However, this states “Only complete this section if your sponsor is not permanently resident in the UK and will be returning to the UK to work. This section contains information relevant to the Category A or B ways to meet the financial requirement as set out in the policy guidance notes. “ Therefore as I can currently resident in the UK, this section isn’t relevant. Do I just add my Chilean employement details in section 5 and add a covering letter? Or is there some other place where I include my Chilean income? Without including my income from Chile I do not meet the £18,600 annual salary requirements.

2. On the online form, what date should we put for the travel itinerary. My wife will travel here as soon as we have the visa, so would it be best to put, say, 1 month after the application? Would this cause a problem if the visa isn’t processed by then? If we put a later date would that preclude her from coming if her visa application is accepted before the date we put in the application form?

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Hello all,
I have a couple of quick questions in regards to the spouse visa application forms.

1. I previously worked abroad in Chile and have since returned to the UK and have been working for four months. In appendix APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A), section 3.4 I have filled in my current job details. Question 3.13 asks if I have had other employment in the UK in the last 12 months, which I haven’t. However, there isn’t a space for other employment outside the UK until section 3B. However, this states “Only complete this section if your sponsor is not permanently resident in the UK and will be returning to the UK to work. This section contains information relevant to the Category A or B ways to meet the financial requirement as set out in the policy guidance notes. “ Therefore as I can currently resident in the UK, this section isn’t relevant. Do I just add my Chilean employement details in section 5 and add a covering letter? Or is there some other place where I include my Chilean income? Without including my income from Chile I do not meet the £18,600 annual salary requirements.
Don't enter anything about your Chilean employment as you don't need to. This section is only for those returning to UK with the applicant and relying on UK job offer and previous overseas job.

2. On the online form, what date should we put for the travel itinerary. My wife will travel here as soon as we have the visa, so would it be best to put, say, 1 month after the application? Would this cause a problem if the visa isn’t processed by then? If we put a later date would that preclude her from coming if her visa application is accepted before the date we put in the application form?
Just put something like a week after application. When they process your application and you are approved, they put the issue date as the 'valid from' date so she will be free to travel as soon as she gets her documents back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

My understanding is that as i've only been employed in the UK 4 months I have to supply my last years earnings and show these are above £18,600 (especially as just taking the 4 months salary does not total £18,600).

For category A, don't you need to be employed for 6 months to pro-rate your salary for 1 year?

Alistair

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Yes, so wait until you have your sixth payslip and corresponding bank statement before applying.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
For spouse visa, you only need A1. B1 is for settlement and naturalisation.
So apply when you get your sixth payment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does this mean that I can´t apply now? It seems very strange if you can apply either before returning to the UK, or 6 months after, but not between 0 and 6 months of returning. We´d like to get this done asap, regardless of there not actually being changes in the requirements.

Section 5.3.8 of the anex 1.7 states:

"The gross amount of salaried or non-salaried employment income of the applicant‟s partner (in the UK or overseas) and/or the applicant (if they are in the UK with permission to work);" which implies to me that both sources of income can be used?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.